1. Baby on board

Gouenji switched his gait from a power walk to a jog as he looked at his watch. Late again. He was supposed to meet Endou at the fountain park to discuss something. He was sure this time he had begun getting ready with enough time to spare and yet somehow now he was running.

He could already picture Endou making fun of him for that. Every time Gouenji did this Endou didn't miss the opportunity to comment how he was "always late". This began in junior high yet after all these years the joke was still alive. Endou was childish like that to still find it funny even though they were all grown up and he was now even married.

Endou had barely changed, if at all, since his junior high days. He still had the same enthusiasm, same habits, same sense of humor. Sometimes he could be really immature too and he needed to be told that he should act his age.

...

Endou was pacing around waiting for Gouenji. After a while, he got tired and sat down at the ledge of the fountain. He began scrolling through social media. He came across a short video and ended up laughing so hard he almost fell back into the fountain. Just as he was about to share it his eyes fell on the comments.

"This isn't even funny."

"Who can possibly find it funny? Probably someone with a dumb sense of humor."

"Literally only children would find it funny. "

These were some of the top comments with thousands of likes with everyone in the reply agreeing.

Endou's face fell upon reading that.

"Am I really immature and childish like everyone says?" He began thinking. He fell into a spiral thinking about it. Eventually he decided he didn't want to be that way anymore. He would begin acting like a serious and mature person. But he didn't know how to change himself. It sounded difficult and he didn't have the time for it. If only he could find a way to just wish it and it would happen.

...

Gouenji stopped at the gate of the park to catch his breath a bit. He then straightened up and assumed his regular stoic state and moved forward. He already knew where Endou would be waiting for him.

"I know, I know I'm late again. I'm always..." He already began speaking as he approached the fountain expecting Endou to hear him. To his surprise, there was no one immediately visible. He looked around in confusion searching for him. Could it be that he was finally early for once?

"Endou?" He called out, as a feeling of smugness crept up his face. He was hoping he wasn't around and was yet to arrive. His mind was already racing to figure out ways to rub it in his face.

"Wah!" A cry directed his attention to the ground.

"What the hell?!" There was a baby on the ground sitting between a pile of clothes that resembled Endou's usual outfit. An orange headband was loosely wrapped around his body.

Gouenji was struck dumb for a moment at the bizarre scene in front of him. He wasn't sure what to make of it all. The baby was now staring at him as if expecting to be picked up. Gouenji didn't know what to do. He didn't want to pick up a random baby and possibly get in trouble but at the same time leaving him there was out of the question.

A few moments went by as Gouenji and the baby remained staring at each other. It was strange how the baby seemed familiar. Not to mention the clothes that oddly resembled Endou's.

"Endou?" Gouenji quietly said, eyeing the baby suspiciously.

The baby immediately flailed it's stubby arms at him.