She was brought back to Earth when Roman placed a hand on the small of her back as they walked. She turned around to send him a smile as they walked.

As they passed by the staircase, she looked up at the top. Two girls had been running, but their speed came to a halt when they saw her. The looks on the brunette and blonde girls faces were full of anticipation, shock, and deisbelief. Like they had no clue how she was even there. They glanced at one another, out of breathe.

"It's her, Lizzie," Lilah heard the brunette say. 

A million thoughts raced in her mind, questions about what was going on. It seemed like her life was flipped upside down. First, her mother comes back from the dead, she wakes up in her car just outside of Mystic Falls, and then some weird supernatural boarding school knows exactly who she was.

She couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity as she looked back at them, only to be whisked away into an office room. 

Dorian rummaged through the file cabinet, bringing out a manila folder. He handed her it. On the tab red "LILAH DESMARAIS."

She opened it, seeing papers and documents inside

LILAH RAE DESMARAIS

I. BACKGROUND & BEHAVIOR OBSERVATIONS

Lilah is an ancient vampire who never got the chance to be a kid, and may be the most messed up of all of the troubled kids at the Salvatore School. From the start, she was living a life someone else chose for her: living with her grand-aunt was the choice of her grandmother, and living the life of a vampire was the choice of her grand-aunt.

The only choice she made for herself was to keep distance from others, including her family. Since the aftermath of her father, uncle, and her cousin's mom deaths, she has began to lash out in anger, slacking on her studies. She had the history of being a ripper, but has been under control for the past couple hundred years. Unfortunately, from the world she was thrown into, Lilah believes it is her job to make everyone else happy before herself.

II. CLINICAL DIAGNOSES

FAMILIAL TRAITS — Lilah learned that certain personality traits and behaviors came directly from her bloodline, ill-tempered, stubborn, and unconditionally loyal.

SAVIOR COMPLEX — She believes it is up to her to protect everyone else, even at the expense of her own happiness.

ABANDONMENT ISSUES — With the life she lived, she is scared every new person she meets will leave her one way or another: physically or by death.

DADDY ISSUES — While she refuses to acknowledge it, her everlasting love for her father has caused her to push away a lot of her relationships/friendships or hinders her ability to form new connections

III. LONG TERM RECOMMENDATIONS

Lilah needs to realize that her savior complex needs to be directed inward, and understand that she can't save everyone, but she can save herself.

"This is a mean piece of paper," Lilah stated, holding up her behavior chart. "Who the hell makes these about kids?"

"It helps us to assess students, figure out how to help them keep control," Dorian said. "We've been trying to figure out who you are based on your papers, but we heard that Hayley Marshall passed away two years ago, and she's the guardian that's written on your papers."

She hurriedly flipped through the pages to find her information, seeing Hayley's name and signature where it asked for a parent/guardian.

"Hayley Marshall was one of my best friends, not my guardian," laughed Lilah, shaking her head. "Heck, I'm older than that girl."