"nah, it's understandable," younghoon piped up. "i'm his best friend and i don't trust him with a car and i don't know if i ever will," he continued, causing hyunjae to hit his arm. 

"shut up," hyunjae grumbled. "anyways, just tell us whenever you two wanna leave. it's not like we really have anything else that we absolutely need to do today, so if you wanna go early or later, just let us know. and also, what exactly is chae going to do if you end up ditching her?"

chaeryeong spoke up. "i'll probably just go shopping or call you to pick me up or something. actually, i take that back. i'll just go shopping. a girl can never have too many clothes."

"actually, a girl can," younghoon said, causing me and chaeryeong to slap him and hyunjae to stifle his laughter. 

"okay, well, if you people don't mind, me and whatever introverted-ness is in me are going to go on my phone and not talk to you people until we have to leave," i gave them a tiny wave as i plopped onto the couch with my phone and earbuds. 

"so much for human interaction," chaeryeong called out to me. i simply gave her a grin in response. i saw her shake her head at me before i looked back down at my phone to scroll through instagram and twitter to pass the time. 

finally, after what felt like a ton of butterflies and the longest forty five minutes of my life, it was time to go.

"okay, so are you guys ready to go?" hyunjae came over to the living room.

"mhmm," i nodded. 

"i'll go get the car started and meet you out front of the building," younghoon stood up, grabbed his keys, and walked out of the apartment. 

"so, hyunjae, are you going to give me some big speech about being careful around juyeon?" i looked up at my brother as i laced up my black keds. "don't worry, i've braced myself for it."

"honestly, i would, but there's no point," hyunjae sighed. "just be safe, okay? make smart choices, seohyun-ah," he said, ruffling my hair.

"i know, i know," i gave him a hug.

"i feel really awkward here all of a sudden," chaeryeong suddenly said, making me and my brother laugh. "well, if we're all ready here, then let's go!"

the three of us got out of the apartment, locked the door, and then used the elevator to head downstairs. as we got to the first floor and walked out of the gigantic lobby doors, younghoon was there with the car, as promised. we all piled into the car, with hyunjae in the front and me and chaeryeong in the backseat. at first, we played music and just stayed silent as younghoon drove. i pulled out my phone to text juyeon to confirm our hangout first.

seohyun.lee: hey, did you manage to find a way to get there?

leejuyeons: yup. i'm on the subway. i'll be there in three minutes

seohyun.lee: i might get there a few minutes after you. let me check

"younghoon, how much further away is cloudlake?" i looked up from my phone.

"we're about five minutes away," younghoon checked the gps on his phone, allowing me to text juyeon with my reply. "all ready for your big date?" younghoon winked, making me groan.

"for the last time, this isn't a date," i sighed. "it's a hang out."

"whatever you say," chaeryeong wiggled her eyebrows. "i hope i don't have to third wheel for very long."

"on the bright side, at least you won't have to calm down hyunjae who will be hyperventilating the entire time seohyun is out," younghoon laughed. "i feel like i'm going to be a babysitter."

"brace yourself," i said seriously.

"is it wrong to be concerned?" hyunjae whined.

"hyunjae, no offense, but the amount of times that you have expressed your concern for me is honestly kinda ridiculous," I told him. 

"okay, not to break up whatever you call this but we're here now," younghoon said, pulling up to the front of cloudlake park. 

"oh, he's right there!" i exclaimed, pointing at the familiar figure in the midst of the crowd. chaeryeong opened the car door and the two of us got out.

hyunjae quickly rolled down the window. "yah, lee seohyun, make good choices, got it?"

"got it mom," i said teasingly before running away to juyeon.

"wait!" chaeryeong stopped me from going. "seohyun, i know that even though hyunjae will probably kill me for this later, i'm going to go leave you two alone. let me know if you need me to come save you if something happens, but for the mean time, i'm gone."

"what a friend you are," i sighed. "go on. i'll be fine."

chaeryeong hugged me. "thanks. now go over there! i can already see some girls staring at him," she pointed at all of the teenage girls who were pointing fingers at him and giggling.

"yeah, i probably should," i answered. "see you," i waved at her as she ran off and i headed over to juyeon. 

i snuck up behind him and tapped him on the back. "hey stranger."

he whipped around. "oh hi seohyun!" he scratched the back of his neck somewhat awkwardly. it was silent for a moment, until we both suddenly started laughing. 

"that was awkward," i said. "anyways, do you have anything you want to do?"

juyeon shook his head. "nah. i'd rather get to know you better."

i smiled at him. "okay then, let's go!"

a/n: woooo this chapter was a bit longer than most of the chapters i've posted so far, but i'm pretty satisfied with it~ i hope you all liked this chapter and let me know if you have any suggestions (although i am writing a new part basically everyday so idk if i'll be able to include your suggestions lol)

{written on august 11th, 2020}