Day 51

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post and those of you that follow this adventure of mine may recall that my harddrive failed unexpectedly a few weeks back, leaving me with a choice of either replacing the hard drive or buying a new computer.

Since then, I made the decision to just replace the hard drive. Impulsive computer purchases are never good (I learned this the hard way already once this year) and I'd rather make sure that what I get lasts me another five years at least.

With my hard drive replaced, I've spent the last week or so reinstalling software. It's amazing to realize how much junk I really had and although I lost a terabyte of data, most of that wasn't necessary anyway. I'll spare you the details but I'm finally back to the point where I feel like I can be productive again. Scrivener has been reinstalled, Dropbox is setup and I've found a replacement for Evernote that suits me much better. I'm feeling pretty good about where I'm at as far as the computer goes.

As far as my editing, that's a whole other story. This whole debacle has set me back three weeks. It's only this week I've been able to get back to the editing and it's slow going. I've been extracting comments from the chapters I'm working on, which takes a while. It's one of those things that take a while. Read the chapter, read each comment, then copy the comment and paste it as a note in Scrivener. All the feedback from my readers is retained (at least that which is constructive) and I have a good place to start my editing from.

I'm going to spend the next few days cleaning up another chapter before heading out of town for a few days on short vacation of sorts with the family

I'm going to spend the next few days cleaning up another chapter before heading out of town for a few days on short vacation of sorts with the family. By the time I get back this time next week, another week will have gone by.

At this point, I'm resigned to the fact that it's unlikely I'll be able to get througuh all of the chapters of Intervention before the end of September. Instead, I'm aiming for getting through most of the ones that were written and posted with little review as part of the NaNoWriMo process. We'll see how that goes I know that user comments only stretch about a dozen chapters in so most of the rest will be my own edits.

Regardless, I'm feeling good about the process. It's slow going but it's moving forward and that feels great. Really, just being back in business feels great!