Harrison Academy

~Kylee~

            All my life I have dreamed of going to a boarding school, and now is my chance!  Over a month ago, I applied to Harrison Academy, a school for the arts.  I have always been a dancer, but I want to be an actress and a singer, too.  That is why I applied for the school.  Their main activity is the school play, and I figured out that it is Beauty and the Beast this year.  I want to be the role of Belle, but chances are I won't get the part.  Besides, there are probably more experienced actresses and singers that would get the part.  I mean, I'm not terrible at singing and acting, I'm just mediocre.  But it is worth a shot, right? 

             I just got the acceptance letter yesterday.  They want me to start school next Tuesday; only four days away!  I had to quickly pack all my clothes and paraphernalia and drive to Ann Arbor, Michigan; I lived in Hart.  That would be a three and a half hour drive!  I quickly packed up my stuff in three large, hot pink suitcases. 

            "I'm done packing!" I yelled over the large banister.  You could say that I'm rich, but I would debate otherwise.  People also say that I'm pretty; also a false accusation.  Sure; I have long red hair, piercing green eyes, and slight freckles, but you don't see all the boys dying to ask me out, do you?  Exactly.  Besides, I'm a very picky person when it comes to dating.  I want a boy who is sweet, funny, cute, and cares about my well being more that he cares about his own face being pelted in a football game.  I know I sound very stuck up, but I'm really not.  I just haven't found the right guy yet. 

            "Ok, Kylee.  Come downstairs with them and we will load them into the car," Terri yelled back.  Yes; I call my mom by her first name.  She didn't mind and she didn't like the sound of "mom" anyways and neither did I. 

            I lugged my three suitcases to the bottom of the stairs and Terri helped me the rest of the way to the car.  I looked back at my rustic Victorian house and a tear slipped down my cheek.  I did want to live in the city, but I would totally miss my house and my friends.  But I quickly put it all behind me because I knew I was destined for stardom.  I jumped into the front seat of Terri's red Ferrari and pulled out my I-pod Touch.  I put on "Defying Gravity" from Wicked.  That was my favorite musical.  The rest of the car ride was me listening to music.  It really helped me remember lyrics, which was my weak point. 

            At the end of three and a half hours, I found out that I would never go back to my house now.  Harrison Academy was everything that I imagined!  It was huge; five stories high with pure white columns.  Harrison Academy looked like it was brand new, even though the brochure said it was made in 1996.  I quickly jumped out of the car and hurried to the trunk. 

            "Kylee!" Terri gave me a stern look that told me I forgot something.  "Make sure you check in with the recipient before you explore the Academy.  And come give your mom a kiss." By now, she was out of her car and trailing to the back of the car.  She gave me a kiss on the cheek and on the forehead.

            "Common!  I can take care of myself!  I am fourteen!" I grabbed my three heavy suitcases and rolled them to the entrance.  "Love you!" I yelled over my shoulder.  When I walked into HA, I was stunned.  Even the lobby was grand!  There was a high ceiling and a big chandelier.  The recipient's desk was made out of mahogany wood and had a smooth polish.  I walked up to the desk and looked at the name tag on the women's desk.  It said Ms. Smith.  Well, easy enough. 

            "Hello," I said, timidly.

            "Now what is your name, sweetie?" Ms. Smith replied in a sugary voice. 

            "Kylee Winters,"

            "Ahh, yes.  Sweetie, you are in room 17.  That is on the second floor.  All the dorm rooms are.  But I have to tell you one rule that you must obey," Her voice suddenly turned stern.

            "W-w-what is that rule?" I asked, scared.

            "You are forbidden to go into the east wing on the second floor.  Do I make myself clear?" Her eyes became a dark grey and her pupils dilated.

            "Yes," I replied.

            "Well, great!  We will be good friends then, ok?" Her sugary voice came back and she seemed upbeat.  "Here is your room key, and I hope you love Harrison Academy!" By then I was walking away to the elevator.  She was creepy.  And why wasn't I support to go in the east wing?  The thoughts pondered in my brain and I tried to concentrate on them.  Little did I know that there was another person in the elevator.  It was a guy with short brown hair and gorgeous blue eyes.  

            "Hi," I said.  I noticed he didn't have any luggage.  

            "Hey, I'm James.  And you?" He replied.

            "Kylee,"

            "Well, let me carry your bags for you.  It's the least that I can do.  I don't have any so it won't be a problem." He was such a gentleman!  Now that was the kind of guy that I like.  Oh, is this happening?  Harrison Academy should be for my career, not for a relationship!  But he was so nice and cute...

            "Sure, that would be great," I replied.  "So, what are you here for?"

            "I am mainly a singer and actor, but my mom wanted me to try something new so I am here for all three.  What about you?

            "I grew up a ballet dancer and I liked singing and acting, so I am here for all three also.  I wanted to do the play also.  It's Beauty and the Beast."

            "Well, I bet you would have no problem being Belle," He smiled and gave me my suitcase.  I didn't even know we were already at my dorm.

            "Thanks for helping me with my bags," I smiled back.  

            "No problem.  See you in class," He mysteriously disappeared and left me to go into my dorm.  

            On the door was a white board that read:

Welcome Kylee, Juliet, and Claire!

            I guess they are my roommates.  I turned the lock with my key.  My dorm room had three king sized mattresses, a walk-in closet, and a huge bathroom.  None of my roommates were hear yet so I picked the bed closest to the window.  I piled my suitcases in the corner and crashed onto the bed.  I was pooped from the car ride and decided to take a small nap...