Chapter 49: The school festival

"Hey hurry up already would you? We're on in a few minutes" Ashido called to Uraraka.

"Y-yeah ok. Just give me a minute" Uraraka replied from the stall. The two girls were currently in the girls bathroom backstage.

"I'd love to but we need to go" Ashido insisted not wanting to be late for their class performance. However Uraraka was in no such rush and her mind was preoccupied on something else.

"Ok, fine. I'll be out in a second" Uraraka said to buy herself a little bit of time.

"Is it a number two or something?" Ashido asked wondering what could possibly be taking so long.

"Something like that" Uraraka said with a nervous edge to her voice. Ashido noted it but passed it off as nerves or stage fright. So she waited for her friend to be done and about a minute or so later she heard the toilet flush.

"Finally" Ashido said as the door unlocked and Uraraka exited the stall. She was a mess. She looked incredibly pale, she'd clearly been crying a little and the look on her face made it seem like she'd seen a ghost.

"Oh my god are you ok?" Ashido asked the moment she saw her face.

"I'll be fine. Just...a little under the weather" Uraraka said pulling herself together. Ashido noticed her hands were behind her back but couldn't tell if she was hiding something or was embarrassed.

"Rough month? Because I've got some spare pads or some painkillers if you need them" Ashido offered deciding that she was embarrassed and that her sickly appearance was due to girl problems. Uraraka paused for a moment and blinked a few times, pondering what Ashido had just said before catching on.

"Right, yeah. Rough month. The cramps I'm getting are insane. I just didn't want to tell anybody in case they got worried about me being able to do the show. I feel like death" Uraraka said in relief finally able to share her pain. Ashido rolled her eyes.

"You should've said something. Especially when it's girl stuff" Ashido said a little disappointed that Uraraka hadn't said anything but relieved that she knew now.

"Sorry. I'll be ok I think I just need some painkillers like you said" Uraraka said wanting some pain relief.

"Sure they're in my bag. Let's get you cleaned up before the show shall we?..."

*10 minutes later*

"Ok is everyone ready?" Yaoyorozu asked making sure that everybody was prepared before they went on stage in front of the whole school.

"Ready!" they all replied in unison. Deku was a little worried about Uraraka though. He could tell something was bothering her but she seemed eager to do the performance still so he was trying not to think too much about it.

"Alright then, let's do this!" Yaoyorozu exclaimed. With that they ran out onto the stage as the whole festival erupted into screams and cheers as they took their positions, with Jiro and a few others grabbing musical instruments to play. A few nods of the head to each other signalled that they were ready and before they knew it Jiro and the others had begun playing. Moments after, Jiro began to sing and the humongous screen behind them lit up as a video began to play. The video was training footage of them all from their first year, sparring each other, rescuing civilians, clearing debris etc.

"I'm checking my vital signs
Drawing my battle lines
Going to war again
Feeling the rhythm inside of my chest
All I need is just a pen
I know I was born for this
I know I was born for this"

The video changed to their second year in school, again only showing training footage and even some of the sports festival from the previous year. The whole time this was happening the others were either doing part of a dance routine or were using their quirk to enhance the performance in some way.