Hinata then let out a sound of amazement before looking back at Yukimi, who was now talking to Kuroo and Daichi. "She's shining."

The second-year setter nodded again, regarding the group of third-years with steady golden irises.

True enough, when Kuroo talked to him about a girl, which surprised him since the messy-haired boy never paid attention to any member of the female population (very much like him), at first, he doubted Kuroo's preference. Judging from the list of characteristics his childhood friend gushed to him, Kenma already concluded that this Yukimi girl looked like one of those well-kept and stuck-up girls in the dramas his mother loved. However, the moment he entered Nekoma as a first-year, the girl Kuroo told him about wasn't anything like those mean girls with a make-up-adorned face or the cliché curled hair ー in fact, she was shining. She looked like one of those healers in his games, specifically the one with heavenly visuals and a pastel color palette.

"I thought you might've noticed her last time," Kenma voiced out, talking about the first part of their training camp.

Hinata's brown eyes went back to him, with the ginger-haired boy glancing at the sky for a moment to recall the events from the training camp in Fukurodani. "Hmm," he hummed. "I guess it's because I was unaware of my surroundings since I came in late with Kageyama. Or because the last training camp was too short for me to notice people's faces." He then chuckled nervously with his hand scratching the back of his head. "Usually, I would be too absorbed in something if I'm pumped up about it."

"I understand," Kenma told Hinata with a small smile.

"But that doesn't mean I don't find her pretty!"

"I understand, Shoyo."

"Are there no transmission towers in Miyagi?" Kuroo asked his companions, pointing loosely at the two underclassmen minding their conversation while turning his head to glance at Daichi. "Because I'm pretty sure I've heard that conversation before."

Daichi furrowed his brows at Kuroo, his lips curling at the messy-haired boy's teasing. "The transmission towers in Tokyo all look like the Tokyo Tower to us country-folk!" he exclaimed, leaning at Kuroo to prove his point before planting his eyes on Yukimi, almost like he was asking her to support him on his sentiment. "Ask Yuki-chan, I'm sure she felt that way when she transferred here two years ago!"

"That's a rash thing to say," Sugawara voiced out from beside Daichi.

Yukimi smiled wistfully, her eyes trained forward while walking steadily with her hand intertwined with Kuroo. "Daichi isn't wrong, though," she told them with a laugh. "I was culture-shocked when we moved to Tokyo that I had to study the map going to school just so I won't get lost. Plus, mistaking every transmission tower as the Tokyo Tower might be the first thing that made me excited about starting a new life there. And by the way," she glanced at Daichi at the corners of her eyes, "we're in Saitama right now."

"I knew that," Daichi grumbled, crossing his arms on his chest.

"Of course you do."

"Oi, Kuroo, you're rubbing off my friend."