1.16

Me and Sarah woke up around the same time that morning. For the first time in a few days, my mother was home in the morning. So I was glad Sarah was there. I quickly took a shower and changed into baby blue shorts with a matching tank top. I also changed the bandage around my hand. I put on my air force 1's and walked back into my room where Sarah was still laying on my bed.

It was Sarah's turn to take a shower and after she was done we went downstairs to eat breakfast. My mom was indeed there. Her gaze was filled with a mix of guilt and ignorance. The perfect balance between 'I'm sorry' and 'grab what you need and leave me alone'.

I quickly glance at her but keep my head down since my bruises were still showing a little, I'm sure all the pogues have seen them. But luckily no one asked about it.

Me and Sarah ate something and we went back upstairs, Sarah put on her daily make up and I covered up the last bits of bruise on my cheek. I put on a bathing suit and put my outfit from before over it.

Sarah said she wanted to say something to John B, and apparently give something to him. So we quickly walked up to my car and rode to the store to buy some skinny pop. I was surprised that she wanted to go all the way to the cut just to say something to him and give him skinny pop. But I guess it's her decicion and I wanted to stop by uncle Cruz and since his new place isn't that far from John B's so I would drop her off at the chateau and than drive over to uncle Cruz' house.

So that's what I did. I got out of the car, Cruz's car was there, but when I walked in he wasn't there. It looked like he got up in the middle of a meal and left, without his car, or his phone, or wallet, or anything really. I decided to leave him a note and just leave, so I went over to John B's.

I got into the car and drove back to John B's. I heard Sarah voice coming from the backyard, so I followed it and saw Sarah throw the bag towards John B before turning around.

"Hey Jess, you coming." She asked walking towards me.

"Actually, I think I'm gonna stay here for a while." I answered, throwing my car keys towards her figuring I'll get my car back later.

"Alright. Thank you for letting me stay at your place tonight, it really helped." She said as she pulled me into a hug.

"No problem." I said as she pulled away and walked up to the white jeep standing in the driveway. I turned towards where John B was sitting as he started to open the bag of skinny pop.

"Hey Johny." I said as I snatched the bag from his hands and sat down next to him as I ate some skinny pop.

"Hey Jess." He said holding his hands up slightly with a look of shock on his face. "That was my skinny pop you know." He said trying to grab the bag from my hands. But I pulled it away before he could grab it.

"Ow grow up, I payed for it you know." I said as I put more skinny pop in my mouth. Giving him a childish smile as he looked at me with a black expression. My behavior made his laugh but immediatly snatched back the bag since I was distracted. I pouted and tried to grab it back, put he held it above head. I stood up so I could reach it, but he stood up too. I tried to jump towards it, but I couldn't jump high enough. He brought the bag back down as he was laughing and shaking his head. Since this was the best moment, I snatched the bag back and ran of laughing before he could even react. I stood in front of the house waiting for him to come. And he did but about 10 feet in front of me with a smug look on his face. I was confused as I ate the skinny pop, but suddenly my feet weren't touching the ground anymore, a pair of arms were wrapped around my waist. I squeeled as I looked down at the arms, I recognized JJ's bracelets. "Put me down JJ." I said as he spun me around.