1.11

Hi loves,
I decided to do an A/N before the chapter starts just to thank you for reading this story. Today I hit 1K reads, which is absolutely insane, and it means a lot that you would take the time to read my story since I clearly have no idea of what I'm doing.
But yeah I justed wanted to say that, please enjoy this chapter and please vote and comment.
<3

______________

Me and JJ were currently walking through the streets filled with tourons, we stood out. Everyone could see we weren't just here on vacation but it was still fun. The stares JJ got from the blondes did bother me, but the thought of them being jealous that he is holding my hand and not theirs did bring me a sense of pride. It was weird since me and JJ were just friends, but they don't have to know that, right...

I pulled JJ with me into one of the small shops. I let go of his hand when we went into different directions. One whole wall was filled with hoodies and shirts, all of them colorfull with the word "I love the Outerbanks" on them, the fact that people would actually wear them seemed funny to me. But since there were multiple people looking at them I guess it was possible that people would actually waster their money on that.

After laughing at almost every hoodie or shirt. I decided to go look for the blonde. When I found him, I caught him looking at some rings and dogtags. I stood next to him and looked down at the things he had in his hands.

"Let me see." I said before he handed me the ring he had in his hand. It was a a thick silver ring.

"You like it." He asked as I gave it back to me. I simply nodded, I knew he would look good with rings.

"Good." He said before he ripped of the pricetag. hiding the small paper under the table.

"JJ, I could've just paid for that..." I said, tilting my head slightly, he haid a smirk on his face. His pride too big to let someone else pay for him.

"No you couldn't." He said before he walked out of the store, acting like he didn't just steal something, the cashier cleary buying it since she didn't stop him. I walked out behind him. Stopping him as I put my hand on his arm.

"J, I'm serious, you shouldn't steal when I could've just paye-" I started but stopped talking when he held something up between his finger. It was a necklace, it was silver with a small surfboardcharm hanging to the necklace.

"I know it's nothing fancy, and you probably have way nicer necklaces at home bu-" He started. He was right, I did have more expensive jewerly at home. but nothing was anything compared to this.

"I love it." I said as I held the charm in my hand.

"Good." He said smiling. "Here, I'll help you put it on." He said as he walked behind me and moved my hair to the side. I grabbed my hair in my hand and a smile formed on my lips.

When the necklace was on he walked back in front of me. "It looks good on you." He said with a grin on his face.

"Thank you," I said smiling back at him. But my smile turned into a frown before I started the next sentence. "But, next time, I pay, no more stealing." I stated. softly punching him on the shoulder.

He simply smirked. "Your saying there will be a next time." He said.

I rolled my eyes and groaned, as I threw my head back and turned on my heels before walking off. I heard him chuckle before he walked up next to me. The walk back to the boat was silent, JJ cracked a joke here and there, but mostly we stayed quiet, which I definitly didn't mind since it felt comfortable.

When we arrived at the boat, it was already pretty late. So JJ stood behind the wheel and drove me home. We arrived at the dock JJ immediatly offered to walk me to the door, clearly concerned about the bruises on my cheeks. But I declined, I went out even though I'm grounded I should accept the consequenses. But ofcourse he didn't listen and helped me out of the boat.

I hoped topper wasn't home, but he was, ofcourse. And when I reached the backdoor of the house, he turned around and immediatly noticed I wasn't alone.

"Thanks for walking me here JJ but it might be a good idea that you go now since Topper is definitly pissed." I said to him before topper could reach the door.

"No, I'm not leaving you alone with him, not while he is pissed." JJ stated. And than it hit me.

"You think Topper did this..." I said as I pointed towards my cheek. "J, Topper would never hurt me." I said, now I was a little heated at JJ, the fact that Topper hated him, and yeah, he can be a dick, doesn't mean he would ever hurt me or his friends.

That was when Topper stormed through the door. "What the hell is that pogue doing here." He spat. He turned to me, and his pissed gaze turned into a concerned one. "Jess, what happend to your cheek." He started. His gaze turned pissed again after thinking for a bit. "You did this didn't you." He hissed towards JJ as he stepped closer to him. "You hit jess, didn't you."

"Topper stop! He didn't do it..." I stated.

"Than who did." JJ asked. This was the only time I saw JJ and Topper together and not fight.

"Just forget about it." I mumbled as I tucked on Topper sleeve, trying to pull him back inside. "Just get inside, Topper." And he did, when I was sure Topper was in the house, I turned back to JJ.

"You should go too JJ. Thank you for today, and for the necklace." I said, almost in a wisper.

"You're welcome, see ya later jess." He said, he rubbed his hand on my forarm for a few second before turning around.

I sighed as I watched him walk of. The surfboard charm in between my fingers. When JJ was on the HMS pogue, I slowly waved for a second, before walking inside. Avoiding Topper and immediatly walking up the stairs towards my room. I let myself fall on the bed and just fiddle with the charm for a bit untill I fell asleep.

____________

I know I know this is short. But I just wanted to update since I don't really have that much time to write right now.
Anyway again thanks for 1K reads and pleave vote so we can get those number up.
I love you all and please stay safe.
Xx
Me
<3