chapter six ; "the spider."

Start from the beginning

Either way, they were approaching the city fast - all sister's in the carriage equally excited. Lord Daemadar lead the procession on his pure white stallion, that had a mane almost as white as the Daemadar's - Elixir, his name was. Elixir had been her father's mount for many years, served him well - Jenny knew her father would be deeply upset when something would eventually happen to the horse. The dried and cracked earth rumbled beneath the girls' carriage, as the wheels zoomed across the plains, the King and his family behind the Daemadar's - the Baratheon rode on his horse aside Jaime Lannister and Anthor Daemadar; who felt discontented. He was in a state of confusion, to decide where is loyalties truly lay - with his honour as an anointed knight or his morals. He had sworn an oath now, and this oath was an unbreakable vow he had to keep until his death. 

The wall that sealed King's Landing was tall, but nowhere near comparable to the ice wall that divided the continent from the land's of always winter. The smallfolk lined the streets, all excited to catch the glimpse of Robert Baratheon - their savior. They waved cheerfully, as the bulky carriages churned down the streets - clammering on the cobbles. Robert Baratheon didn't even bat an eye, not even a smile. He never intended on becoming King; he just wanted the love of his life back - this wasn't the destiny he would've ideally chose, but nonetheless it was his now and Robert Baratheon intended on drinking his life down the drain and whoring himself to an early grave.

In a way, Jenny felt great sympathy for Cersei Lannister - a loveless marriage. She knew Tywin Lannister did try to marry off his daughter to Rheagar Targaryen, but Aerys humiliated his former hand by refusing it. It was messy. As a reward for sacking King's Landing, Robert installed Cersei as his bride. At the time, Cersei must have been excited, to marry a King instead of a Prince - but now, looking back on history, Jenny realised she would've probably been more excited to be closer to her brother. Maybe if Robert Baratheon hadn't pined for Lyanna Stark and maybe if Cersei never had endeavours with her brother, maybe they would've loved one another in a different life. And if maybe, they loved one another, Robert Baratheon would still be the worthy stag king of the storm he once was. Maybe Joffrey would've been kinder. 

All the if's and maybe's orbitted Jenny's mind endlessly, not knowing any of the answers - but, it was interesting to think of the infinite possibilities how things could've turned out. Reguardless, they hadn't happened and she needed to stop day dreaming; it was getting obscene. Next, she'd be having visions during board daylight - at the thought, Jenny snorted, earning a questioning look from Eyva. 

"Oh you must accompany me to my chamber, Jen," chirped Mani happily, craning her neck to take a look out of the glass pane - she looked at Eyva, "And you certainly must too, Eyva, before you start trying to pick a fight with the city watch!"

Eyva gasped, "How dare you assume such a thing!" she mocked being offended, "It isn't like me to start a fight at all." 

Rolling her sapphire eyes, Jenny looked towards her siblings - who were absolutely elated in eachother's presence; a fond smile coming to her face. "I would love to, dear sister," Jenny began, earning a hopeful look from the youngest Daemadar, "However, Father would like me to accompany him to the small council meeting and meet some of the Lords."

A audible chortle came from Eyva, "Jen, you are so the favourite daughter," earning a look from Mani.

The blonde haired woman sighed, "Eyva, mother and father love us all the same," Jenny moved a strand of hair from her face, "Father just wants to introduce me to some of the Lords."

"Why can't I be introduced to the Lords?" Mani inquired, looking around with her big blue eyes. 

Swiftly, Eyva replied, "Because sweetest sister, you are far too nice for the likes of Littlefinger and Varys," she continued, "They will manipulate you easily, no offence, Mani."

BLUE MOON ; Jaime LannisterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara