Chapter Twenty Eight

Magsimula sa umpisa

Seph:
Ugh. Bye 🙄

Hades:
Sungit. I'm kidding.

I can't wait to see you.

Napangiti ako. Just as when I was about to reply back, the door opened. Napawi ang ngiti ko nang makita na may kasama si Emma. Si Gio.

He was already wearing his suit and tie. His hair was neatly styled. He was wearing glasses which made him look an extremely-looking genius.

Itinago ko ang phone ko. I didn't need to pretend. Si Emma lang naman ang kasama namin at sarado na ang pinto.

"Hey," bati niya. Bumaba ang mga mata ko sa hawak niyang box na may ecuadorian roses.

"Why are you here?"

Napawi ang ngiti niya. "I thought Tito Zeus already told you."

Tiningnan ko lang siya para hintayin siyang sundan ang sasabihin.

"He said you'll be here so I'm here to pick you up."

I should have known better than to react this way but my urge to act negatively every time this happens was just too strong.

It was a natural reaction for me to be defiant at his presence and a natural progression was to give in because what was the point? I knew my father would have his way in the end anyway.

Huminga ako nang malalim at nilingon si Emma. "Leave the silver clutch and bring the rest with you. Magpahatid ka na deretso sa inyo kay Manong. Thanks, Emma."

"Okay, Kaia. Thank you." Maingat siyang dumeretso sa clutch . "Una na po ako, Sir."

We were left alone. Without a word, I transferred all of the things in my needed in my clutch without. Nang matapos at tumayo na ako nilampasan si Gio. Hindi ko narinig ang pagsunod niya kaya huminto ako at huminga nang malalim.

"Let's go," aya ko.

He immediately followed after hearing my command. I plastered a smile as we passed the staff. I gave them my thanks before leaving with Gio.

🍷🍷🍷

The charity was held at one of the hotels owned by Hades' family. I wasn't surprised given that Serrano hotels are well-known in the country but it was still amazing how small our worlds were. It was like Hades and I would be bound to interact one way or another.

Flashing lights and the cacophony of the press welcomed us at the entrance. Gio was a gentleman, shielding my body to keep the people's distance. I didn't bother to stop because that would only cause a disturbance and at the start of my career, I was informed not to give a time of the day to press that was not pre-organized. Often times kasi, sila yung from tabloids na mahilig gumawa ng issue. Plus, there were already going to be selected press inside the event hall.

We briefly had our pictures taken at the photo-op wall. He guided me through the crowd, not stopping even a few tried to get our attention, until we reached our designated table.

"Do you want something to drink?"

"Sure." I nodded and looked at my purse like it was the most interesting thing in the world. I didn't want to make eye contacts and invite unwanted small talks from other people in the room.

May lumapit na server sa amin na may dalang tray na pumuno ng aperitifs. I picked what looked like a Kir royale, judging by the color and the fruit in it. Kumuha rin si Gio ng sariling inumin.

"Thank you," I bid to the server who just smiled in response before going away.

Tahimik lang akong uminom ng cocktail. Ilang minuto ang lumipas na walang nagsasalita sa aming dalawa. Napatingin ako kay Gio na tumitingin lang sa paligid.