Chapter Forty-Two

After their explosive questions, Kuya Xavi and Ate Lavie moved into safer topics, and I was thankful for it.

I wanted to tell Hadeon and explain everything to him myself, but we hadn't got the chance to talk yet. The first time we talked when I came back, we were both too hurt—and him too angry. There was also the fact that he hadn't actually been cooperative.

Hades never looked at my way the remainder of the lunch. I couldn't tell if it was good thing or a bad thing. I wanted to know his thoughts. I wanted to know if it mattered to him whether Gio and I are still married or not.

Nagsasalita siya pero para lang sumagot sa iba naming kasama. It was like I was nothing but air to him. Ate Lavie tried her best to engage me in a conversation, but in those topics, Hade would be quiet throughout the discussion.

"Mag-restroom lang ako," paalam ni Ate Lavie. She looked at me, a silent invitation if I wanted to join her. I shook my head and smiled in response.

Nang kaming tatlo na lang ang naiwan sa lamesa ay binalot kami ng katahimikan. Kuya Xavi lazily tapped his fingers on the table, as if in boredom or to cope up with the awkward silence.

I remained looking at him until he finally He raised a brow and cleared his throat. "I'll just get the car. Get the card for me, Hades."

"Kuya-" Hades was about to argue, but his brother didn't give him a chance to dispute him. Kuya Xavi avoided eye contact with either of us and swiftly left.

Huminga ako nang malalim. We were both left alone at the table. I felt the nerves swarming inside my body again. I looked at Hades whose eyes were on his brother who was exiting the restaurant. His jaw clenched a few times.

I pressed my hands together to stop it from its slight trembles. Being a celebrity who was used to facing and performing to large crowds and being an actress as my profession, I never experienced being nervous. I was always confident. Pero bakit pag tuwing may kinalaman sa kanya, parang bigla akong tumitiklop?

Get yourself together, Kaia. I took a few deep breaths and looked at Hades. He looked impatient as he scanned the room. I knew he was looking around for the server with the receipt and his brother's card so he could get out of here.

"Can we-" My voice got drowned when he cut me off.

"I can wait for the card by myself. You can go," he quietly dismissed. He didn't even look at me when he said it.

I clenched my fists tightly. I looked at the ceiling to stop myself from spilling tears. I cruelly smiled and nodded. "Of course."

I didn't look at him again as I stood up and grabbed my bag. I wore my shades and confidently walked towards the main door. I retrieve my phone from my bag and fired a quick text to Kuya Xavi.

Kaia:
Can you ditch Hades?

It didn't even take him a minute to reply.

Kuya Xavi:
Lol. Sure.

I smirked as I headed to the parking lot. I took a bit of time to freshen up again with a lip tint and ate a mint. My car smelled like a brand new car but I still sprayed some perfume to let my scent linger in the air.

Nang matapos ay dumiretso na ako sa foyer ng restaurant. Doon ko naabutan si Hades na nakatayo at may tinatawagan sa phone.

I haughtily smiled and pulled over next to him. I brought down the window and leaned down to peer outside.

I pressed the car's horn to get his attention and when I succeeded, I grinned and asked, "Need a ride?"

Sumimangot siya sa akin at dinedma ako. May pinindot siya sa phone at muling inilapit sa tenga ito. He was probably trying to call either Kuya Xavi or Ate Lavie.