Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

I sat on my new bunk. I had the top. I shared this cabin with 16 other girls. Perfect.

Perfume makes me sneeze. What a joy! Now I'm stuck with a bunch of fruit-flavored siblings I really didn't want.

Aphrodite.

Suprised?

Yeah, I thought so.

"Emma? You are going to need a makeover."

First things first:

WHAT THE HECK?!? So I've been claimed by the first one Conner mentioned...but I'm nothing like these girls. I don't wear a lot of makeup. Or stuff like that. Truthfully, I thought I was going to die.

"Why?"

"You look like the living dead! Duh!" Lola sighed. "You don't like this stuff, do you? That just sucks, considering who your mother is."

"Yep, it does."

"Well, we have had a few like that before. Janie's like that too."

"Is she here?"

"Yeah, not in the cabin. But she's here." She smiled at me, but it seemed more like sympathy than anything.

I stared at her for a few minutes. She had pale skin, brown hair with light golden streaks, and electric blue eyes. "Where?"

She shrugged, "By the beach."

And with that I was off my bunk and out the door in two seconds.

I found Janie, but then Chiron made me follow him to the bighouse.

"What?"

Well, I was dying to leave this place, and if there was a quest, I wanted it.

"Your cousin Eve is hunting you down. She's not who you think she is. I want to send an experianced camper with you. I want to send you on a quest to hunt her down, and use this." He handed me a little plastic baggy full of golden dust. "Sprinkle it on her. She's posessed, and this will get rid of what's taken over her body."

I looked at him. "Who's coming with me?"

"We shall know soon, Go visit the oracle."

"And Emma?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you tell Percy and Annabeth I said hi?"

"Sure, Rachel." I smiled and walked away, forgeting her request.

"Well?"

"I can take three with me."

"Percy is going." Chiron smiled reassuringly.

"Janie."

He nodded.

I thought, "And Carter."