Chapter One

So, I made this story back in July. It's my first Percy Jackson fan fiction! It's original is on fanpop... it's the same on here, just a different format, I guess. :)

YOU CAN READ THE FULL STORY ON FANPOP! Just go to the search bar and type in goddessoflife immortal links. Thank you!

CHAPTER ONE

I sat in the boat as my stepfather and the rest of my relatives jumped off.

"Emma, aren't you coming?"

"No, I'd rather get a tan than get in the water." I responded. My mother sighed and jumped in, splashing me.

I closed my eyes and pulled my sunglesses over my eyes.

"Emma?" My cousins voice was soft, but I didn't open my eyes in fear she'd have a bucket full of water and would want to dump it on my head.

"Eve, can I please relax today? I'm not getting in."

"Fine," her voice was further away and harder than it had been earlier. I looked up when I heard one of the boats doors open. The one right behind me.

The next thing I knew, I was sinking to the bottom of the lake. I tried to swim to the surface, but something was restricting me. I opened my eyes and pulled of my sunglasses, letting them sink to the bottom first. When I looked around, I saw someone coming. I strugles to swim more but I couldn't. Something cut into my skin. "OW!" I screamed, though no one could hear me.

Someone had grabbed me. I screamed some more, though it wouldn't help. My throut burned from the lakes mucky water. Then I could breathe. "What the-"

"Eat this," a dude with black hair and sea green eyes handed me a cube of little yellow stuff. He held it out to me, but I didn't take. "It'll help you."

I reluctantly took it from him and put it in my mouth. It tasted like sour skittles, something I loved. Once I swallowed it, I looked at him. "Who are you?"

"I'm Percy Jackson," he said.