Chapter Thirty-One, The Honeymoon

Start from the beginning

There was a swimming pool at the front and slightly to the left of the house, that went down in a level and just beyond that was the beach, practically on our doorstep just beyond the pool. White loungers with umbrellas lined the beach and around the pool.  I bet there was even one at the back. From the position of the house you would be able to see the beach from every window at the front and at the back it would have a beautiful view of the forests and the mountains.
"It's amazing Jasper." I said in awe as Jasper parked and attached the boat to the little Pier.
"Ready to see the inside of the house?" Jasper asked. I nodded excitedly as he helped me out of the boat and got our luggage before retaking my hand on the short walk up to the house.

Only for Jasper to drop all the luggage on the doorstep including what I held and swooped me up into his arms making me cry out startled before giggling as he carried me into the house bridal style.
"It's tradition." Jasper said simply kissing my temple to my raised eyebrow. I was about to kiss him when my breath was caught in my throat at the entrance to the house that was exactly like a entrance hall in a Manor.

Seems my assumptions had been correct this was a Manor House. It was light and open with white walls, cream marble flooring and stairs, that had a black intricate railing that led up to the rooms and a balcony over the entrance hall. There were archways leading to the different rooms, pots of ferns decorated throughout and a little loveseat off to the side, and a table in the middle with a sweet little message and a parcel from Jasper that read,

To my gorgeous wife,

In the little parcel is a glass bottle that I thought we could store some sand in to have a remembrance of our honeymoon. I know it sounds silly but I want you to have this anyway.

I love you with all my heart,

Your husband, Jasper xxx

I was so touched by the sweet little message holding it close to my chest for a moment before setting it aside and opening the parcel. Inside was a round glass bottle with cursive white and purple writing it said, 'Our Honeymoon Isle Anna 2020' with hearts on either side of the year. It was perfect.

"Oh Jasper

"Oh Jasper." I said happily and touched. "It's perfect thank you. And it's not silly at all, we just need to fill it with sand now." I said reaching up and kissing his lips happily.
"I'm glad you like it darlin'." Jasper said kissing me happily. "Would you like to see the rest of the house before you freshen up darlin'?" Jasper asked and I rapidly agreed. The rest of the house was beautiful as the outside and entrance hall and just as light and airy.

The living room and kitchen was open plan and looked out onto the sea in the distance, the back doors were large french doors opening out onto a large pool that had matching loungers and umbrellas, as well as a covered area with a dining table and a swing seat. There was an indoor spa room with a hot tub built into the floor and the bedroom was amazing with a balcony looking out over the forest, mountains and the sea, it had a dark wooden beamed ceiling, wicker chairs, a dark wooden desk and a large white four poster canopy bed. The bedroom even had a walk-in wardrobe and a large beautiful en-suite that had a large bath fit for two people.