You Think My Life Is Perfect?

(Cole and Lili are in high school) (mentions= Suicidal thoughts, death and abuse)
Lili's POV 
I hate school, I have good grades and all but I hate going. The reason I hate going is as I have to see Cole f*cking Sprouse. He is literally perfect. He has famous and amazing parents, he is handsome as hell, he has loads of friends, he is super popular, every girl apart from me throws themselves at him. He has good grades and is on the football team. He is the definition of perfect. He always wears long sleeved clothes though with is weird. I have had a crush on him from I first saw him but one girl told me he had a fling with her then dumped her. We have nearly every class together which i also hate. It was 5 o'clock and I was leaving school after cheer practice, I was walking through the quiet halls but when passing the music room I heard the noice of a piano and someone singing. I recognised the voice but couldn't put my finger on it. I slowed down and looked through the door. I saw the one and only Cole sprouse sitting at the piano in the classroom singing. I didn't recognise the song but it might be really old. When he finished playing he looked at his watch. He must be late to somewhere as he whispers 'shit' and grabs his bag. When he turns around and sees me he sighs.
C: "how long have you been there?" He asks anxiously. I smile rudely.
L: "long enough, I now know the the one and only Cole Sprouse, mr perfect guy can sing and play piano. Do mommy and daddy know? I'm surprised you aren't a child star." I say rudely. He gulps and sighs.
C: "don't call me perfect and you can't tell anyone one about what you just saw! You have to promise me, my parents can't find out." He says seriously. I laugh.
L: "yah sure I won't tell anyone, mommy and daddy won't know!" I say taking the piss out of him. I wasn't naturally a rude person but he just pissed me off with his perfection. He sighs.
C: "will you just f*uck off, I have to go or I won't see the day of light again!" He says running out. He bumps into my shoulders on the way out a winces in pain but still runs. I sigh and walk out and go home.
Cole's POV
She is such a b*tch, can she not keep her nose out of my business. I sprint home hoping not to be killed by my dad. Everyone thinks my life is perfect but it really isn't. My mom and dad used to be famous, really famous. Them my mom got sick. She died. The media doesn't know they just think she's taken a break from fame. From she died my dad gets drunk everyday, he hasn't been sober from the day before her funeral. He beats me everyday that's why I wear all long clothes to cover up the cuts and bruises. I self harm, it's how I feel something. I feel numb the rest of the time. My only other escape is my music. My mom thought me piano and I write my own songs. My mom was the only person that knew I wrote them and supported me. My music teacher lets me stay in the music room later as she was my mums best friend and is like an auntie to me so knows about her death. When I got home I ran into the house quietly closing the door behind me. I was hoping my dad would be passed out on the couch but he wasn't. When he saw me he got angry. He slowly walked over to me.
(Cole's dad= D)
D: "what the hell time do you call this?!" He yells slamming me up against the wall. I gulp.
C: "sorry dad, I was at the gym in school." I say nervously. He scoffs and punched me in the face. He laughs and punches me in the ribs. He punches me until I fall to the ground and walks to the kitchen grabbing a beer. I get up and run out of the house. I run to the one place I feel a little safe which is to the grave yard. I go to my moms grave and wipe of some dirt and clean up the flowers. I sigh and sit down wincing when I move the wrong way. I cry as this is the only place I feel safe.
C: "oh mom why did you have to go? Why did you have to leave so soon? Why can't you come home? why can't this be one big nightmare? I want to come and join you in the after life or where ever you go when you die but I know you would be ashamed of me if I ended it all. Why does dad have to be like this? He scares me. Then there's everyone in school. I have to smile cause if I don't I'll get asks what's wrong. I can't tell anyone anyway. I wish you were here. I miss you so much. Should I tell Jane (his music teacher) about dad? She probably wouldn't understand nor believe me. Nobody does. I tried to ask one of my friends if I could stay for a couple of nights just because things were bad at home but he said in his exact words, 'your Cole Sprouse, you have to amazing parents, you are popular as hell and every teacher preaches you. Things aren't bad at home. Mommy probably just shouted at you for not putting you plate away at dinner.' He laughed and walked away after. Am I disappointing you mom? Cutting myself and crying to your grave nearly every week? I hope I'm not. I hate people thinking I'm perfect, nobodies perfect but especially not me. Life was perfect when you were alive but now I honestly don't think it's worst living. The one girl I told you about before you died. Lili. She turns out to be a b*tch. 'Perfect Sprouse'. I feel like you are and were the only person who knew the real me. You understood every time i cried missing Dylan. It feels weird knowing I have a dead twin. I'll probably always have an empty heart now huh?" I say wiping one of my many fallen tears. I hear a sniff from behind me. I turn around and see Jane standing there with som flowers. She sighs and sits down beside me. She rubs my back.
J: "oh Cole." She whispers sadly. She brings me into a hug and I sob into her shoulder. When I'm done sobbing.
C: "sorry." I whisper wiping my cheeks. She chuckles.
J: "don't be. I'm sorry that I didn't notice it had got so bad. How about we go to target and you can go in and get stuff you'll need for tonight and tomorrow and you can stay at mine. We'll go to your house tomorrow and get all your stuff?" She asks gently. I nod and stand up. She stands up setting the flowers by the grave and we go to her car. We go to target and I get stuff for tonight and tomorrow. When we get to her house I go straight to the spare room and shower. I put some clean clothes on and go back out to the kitchen. She was making something to eat. I ate a bit but I wasn't really hungry. She sighed.
J: "how long has he been doing it?" She asks sadly. I sigh.
C: "from the day of her funeral." I say quietly. She sighs and rubs my shoulder,but I wince at the pain. She sighs.
J: "do you want some Advil?" She asks. I laugh.
C: "yes please." I say chuckling. She nods and gives me some. I gulp them down and sigh.
J: "cuts or bruises?" She asks taking a first aid box out. I sigh.
C: "probably both." I say quietly. She nods and takes out different creams and liquids. I sigh.
J: "do you want to do it or will I?" She asks turning around.
C: "you can do it 1 because I don't have a clue what they do and 2 there all waist above." I say taking my sweater off. She winces when she sees my cuts and cleans them all. She looks at me.
J: "when you were talking to her you said you cut yourself. Where?" She asks softly. I sigh and turn my wrists around and show her all my cuts and scares. She winces when she sees them running up and down my arm. She puts cream and different stuff onto the, and wraps them so it will soak in. When she's done I sigh.
C: "I'm sorry, mom would kill me if I done this when she was alive." I say chuckling sadly. She shacks her head,
T: "no hun I'm sorry, I'm sorry I didn't notice it was this bad. I'm sorry I didn't notice you were struggling." She says sadly. I smile.
C: "I'm just good at hiding it." I say shrugging. She laughs.
T: "well don't anymore." She says seriously. I nod. The rest of the night we talk and cry.
1 week later
I had been with Jane for a coupe of days but my dad threatened to kill her if I didn't come home. So I told Jane I wanted to go back home and she thankfully agreed. I went back and got beaten again multiple times. I go to school stay late in the music room then go home and get beat. Only difference is since last week that Reinhart girl has been throwing rude comments at me all week I was so fed up. I was sitting at the piano playing the song I wrote for my mom when someone walked in.
Lili's POV
This past week Cole and the music teacher have been very close. I notice them talking or hugging. I have been saying stuff to him all week just to annoy him. After cheer practice I stopped by the music room to see Cole. When I went in he was playing a song that I knew was meant for someone special. I closed the door. He turned around and looked at me.
C: "what do you want?" He asks annoyed. I smile.
L: "just to let you know that I know about your little thing with our music teacher." I say proudly. He scoffs.
C: "what now for gods sake! There is nothing going on between me and Jane she is just one of my moms old friends. They went to school together! Isn't that right Jane?" He says as she walks thought the door. She nods.
J: "yes his mom is like a sister to me." She says sitting at her desk. I sigh.
L: "then what's with all the hugging?" I say sitting in a chair to the side. Jane sighs.
J: "it isn't any of your business young lady!" She says loudly. Cole sighs.
C: "no Jane I'm fed up of hiding! Dad can do his worst." He says standing up. I frown.
C: "I'm fed up of hiding. Fed up of people saying I'm perfect and smiling even though I'm dying inside. You want to know why Jane and I are so close? You want to know why I always wear all long close?" He says annoyed. I nod.
C: "I'll start from the beginning then. When my mom gave birth to me she also gave birth to my identical twin. He died at the age of three hours old. I have always felt like there is a part of me missing. Growing up I always had anxiety and went through a stage of depression. My mom taught me how to play the piano and always supported me when I wrote my own songs. My mom was my best friend. January of last year she was diagnosed with cancer. 6 months ago she died. My dad started to drink and was drunk all the time. He was drunk at her funeral and that night he beat me up. Ever since that night he would beat me up every night. That's why I wear long close to cover the bruises. The song I was playing the first day was a song I wrote for my twin brother and the one I was playing today I wrote when my mom died. Jane is the only person on earth how actually cares enough and one night found me at my moms grave. She brought me to her house and helped me. That's why you probably saw us coming in together. Jane you don't know this but my dad threatened me to move back home or he would kill you. My only escape is when I'm with my mom at her grave or when I play music. I cut myself to feel something other than sadness. Your b*tchy comments and snarky looks don't help any either Lili. So now tell me my live is perfect?" He says tears streaming down his cheeks. Jane gets up and goes over to him bringing her bin with her. Just as she gets it in front of him he throws up. She rubs his back and glares at me. I gulp.
J: "your moving in with me okay? We'll get the police to sort out your dad." She whispers fixing the fallen pieces of hair out of his face. He nods. She sighs and hugs him. He quickly pulls away and vomits again. When he's done I sigh.
L: "I'm just going to go." I say getting up. Jane looks at me.
J: "you aren't going to move a bone young lady because this school has a no bullying policy and you can be suspended. I'll call the principal now." She says going over to the phone.
J: "hey sir, would it be possible if you could come to the music room please?" She says down the phone. She nods and hangs up. She looks at Cole.
J: "how do you feel hun?" She ask gently. He sighs.
C: sh*t." He whispers putting his head in his hands. She sighs.
J: "here sip some water and then chew on some gum." She says handing him them.
C: "gum?" He asks confused. She laughs.
J: "when your mom was pregnant with you and Dylan she was really sick for 5 or 6 months. She chewed gum when she was sick as it tasted nice, was one of the only smells she like and it helped her nausea." She says smiling. He laughs and takes it. He lays his head on her shoulder and closes his eyes. We sat in silence until the door opened. In walked Mr Smith our principal. He smiles.
S: "Jane, Cole, Lili what would the problem be?" He asks. I sigh.
C: "Lili was saying some not so nice comments and after everything that has happened it got to me so I was hoping you could give her a warning?" He says quietly. The principal nods.
S: "Reinhart hallway." He says opening the door. I nod and go out. When we are out he starts.
S: "Lili leave the kid alone, he's going through some things so just leave him alone." He says annoyed. I sigh.
L: "yah I know he told me, I'm sorry okay? Can I go home now?" I ask anxiously. He scoffs.
S: "apocalypse and then yes you can." He says opening the door. I walk in.
L: "I'm sorry." I say quickly. He sighs.
C: "it's good" he says quietly. I nod and leave the room.
20 years later
Cole's POV
C: "who knew that's how we would fall in love?" I say cuddling into my beautiful wife. She chuckles.
L: "yah I was a b*tch, I did feel guilty about it though. But look at us now, married, 4 beautiful kids and your a famous singer." She says smiling. I hum in response.
C: "we should bring the kids to their graves, maybe not dads but moms and Dylan's. I have to go see Jane this week too." I say smiling. She nods.
L: "yah I haven't seen Jane from last month, you saw her last week though didn't you?" She asks curiously. I nod. Who knew that day would have started a wonderful relationship that ended in us falling in love.