"very funny chanhee," i said sarcastically. "and yes, eric's right. i'm going to a mall with her tomorrow at around noon."

"you never know hyung, we might just follow you," eric grinned as he high fived chanhee. 

"eric, i swear if you follow me, you will never see the light of day ever again," i threatened him. "you too chanhee."

"can't make any promises," chanhee winked. "but moving on from this topic that will surely lead to my death by lee juyeon, what do y'all want for dinner?"

"i was feeling lazy, so i just wanted instant noodles," eric answered. "what about the rest of them?"

"haknyeon really wants to go to the night market," chanhee explained. "me and sunwoo said we'd go with him. maybe if you're nice we can bring stuff back for you."

"sure, thanks," i replied. "what about sangyeon hyung?"

chanhee shrugged. "no idea. he'll probably just do whatever eventually."

"okay," i nodded.

"well then," chanhee stood up. "you two nasties should go shower. i'm going to go out with sunwoo and haknyeon now. we'll be back in a couple of hours or so with some food for you two."

"thanks hyung," eric thanked chanhee as the other boy walked out of the door and closed it.

"i'm going to go shower," i stood up. "i'll be quick, i promise."

"okay," eric nodded. "i'll wait for you to finish and then shower."

i went over to my suitcase and grabbed some clean clothes before heading into the bathroom to shower. as the water hit my body, i felt relaxed. this vacation had been a great way for me to get away from the stress that came with the thought of starting uni life and everything going on back home.

when i was done showering, i dried myself off and changed into my clothes. i got out of the bathroom and sat down on my bed. eric noticed my presence and quickly got up to go shower. i continued watching random youtube videos until i noticed the weight on my bed shift.

"hyung, do you want to eat ramen with me?" eric asked, pulling out a shin ramen instant noodle cup. 

"sure, why not," i answered. "can you make it though?"

"yes, but only because i'm your favorite dongsaeng," eric grinned. 

"you're not wrong about that," i ruffled his hair before he stood back up to make our ramen. ten minutes later, i stood up to go to where he was with our steaming hot spicy ramen. 

"mmm," eric licked his lips. 

"thanks eric," I smiled at him. 

"no problem hyung," eric answered, taking another bite of noodles.

we ate in silence for a few minutes, enjoying the silence until i spoke up.

"eric, can i ask you something?"

"of course," eric replied. "what is it? shoot."

"well," i scratched the back of my neck, putting down my noodles. "i'm just a little worried about meeting seohyun tomorrow. i don't want to make a bad impression. yes, i know we live in totally different countries, but she seems like a really nice person. and honestly, i haven't felt this way about a girl in a long time. not since yeji."

eric bit his lip and nodded. "so you have a crush on her, basically."

"i mean if you want to be all up and front about it, then yeah, i guess so," i sighed. "i don't know! it doesn't feel right to like someone that fast, but she's really nice."

"i get it hyung," eric answered. "but trust me. i know this is cliche, but face it. you have to be yourself. and if she isn't into you for being yourself, then she's not worth it. and worst case scenario, it's awkward and you won't ever see her again. at least you won't be seeing her on a daily basis if something goes wrong."

"but i'm worried that my feelings will spiral and i'll want to be with her despite being apart," i put my face in my hands.

"just see how it goes," eric said. "by the way, do you know how old she is?'

"uh no?" i said. "huh, now that i think about it, i don't."

eric nearly spat out his ramen. "hyung! you should at least know that! she could be a middle aged woman whose aged insanely well going after some young dude or some middle schooler that looks really mature!"

"huh, i didn't really think about that," i thought. "hmm, well, what the heck. i'll just see how it goes and ask her tomorrow."

"cause that will go really well," eric snorted. "hey, i'm lee juyeon. how old are you?"

"shut the fuck up son youngjae."

a/n: hehehe hope you all liked it! i'll stop writing since i have school tomorrow -- or today i guess since it's midnight -- and i should sleep, but i hope you all have been enjoying this story as much as i have writing it!

{written on august 10th, 2020}