Homeless?

Chapter6

'Owe what the hell is that bright light?' I immediately closed my eyes in pain and then slowly opened them.

Once my eyes were opened I recognized that familiar smell. I'm in the hospital. All the memories of the previous night flashed in my mind. My mom...Rick. "that bastard" I started to fully cry now unable to stop the hot salty tears stream down my face.

"Annabelle are you awake?" I heard a mans voice call and saw a hand reach around the curtain to pull it back.

"annabelle are you okay?" I felt a warm strong hand on my arm and flinched away immediately. But I realized that that voice didn't belong to Rick. I opened my eyes to see Parker's beautiful oceanic deep eyes staring quizzically at me and concern etched in his face.

My cheeks became hot and I pulled the covers fully over my body to try and cover the bruises I was sure to have. Why was he even here? "um...yeah. Why are you here?" I was a blunt person but even Parker seemed to wince at how harsh my words came out and I wanted to take then back right away.

He ran his hand on the back of his neck in an awkward tendency I guessed. "Well..you had left your wallet in my car and when I went to go give it back to you the door was open and it sounded like fighting. I heard you yell so I ran in." his faced looked like it was pained and I turned away too embarrassed to look at him. "Well I pulled that prick off of you and..."

"and what?" my voice cracking a little at what had happened. Had Rick hurt him? That bastard! He better not have hurt him. Why am I getting over protective of someone I don't even know. Parker cleared his throat to which I was snapped out of my own mind.

"Ikindabeatheshitoutofhim" the words were all together and barely audible for me to hear them."but I wanted to kill him" his eyes flashed to mine wide and scared he said the wrong thing or I would be angry with him or something.

"oh" was the stupid response I thought of.

"Uh yeah" there was an awkward silence that followed and I laid down too tired to even have a conversation and I didn't even know what to say anyways. Parker took a chair and just sat there staring at the ceiling obviously deep in thought.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Parkers POV

I laid in the uncomfortable chair in anna's room. What if I hadn't gotten there in time..he would have killed her. I clenched my jaw and tightened my hands so they were in a fist. Fucking bastard I should've killed him.

The neighbors had already called the cops from Anna's screams. I will never get that sound out of head. I never want to hear that much terror and struggle in her voice ever again and I will do whatever it takes to protect her. There is so much more to this girl than just a fun time and I want to know more.

Gosh! What am I doing? I don't even know her and I want to protect her? It's like she has a gravitational pull to her that I just have to be around.

I also didn't know if I should tell her that her mothers dead. I am pretty sure she knows but i don't really want to be the one to tell her. I mean how much can such a pretty innocent looking girl go through before it's too much?

I looked at Anna sleeping. Her brown wavy thick hair all around her face and she was turned on her side facing me. And now I'm officially a creep! But I love her crazy wavy hair.

"Parker" my mothers voice from the door flowed into the room and I turned to Anna to see if she had stirred. She hadn't moved a muscle and it made me laugh because she must be a heavy sleeper especially all the noise that was happening outside.

"Yeah mom?"

"have you told her about the living situation yet?" My mothers eyes gleamed with hope and anticipation.

Shit! No I totally forgot but she had just woken up I wasn't going to be like 'oh hey by the way our moms were best friends in high school and my mom wants you to live with us'. Yeah that would've gone over really well.

"no mom not yet she had just woken up so i didn't want her to feel pressured or anything."

"oh okay well she should be able to check out in two days so I hope you tell her soon. Because springing it on her the day she has to leave the hospital wouldn't be the brightest idea either" a smile played on her lips and her gaze flitted over to anna's sleeping body."she really is pretty"

"yeah I know" and my mom left the room.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Annabelle's POV

I woke with this time the lights off thank goodness. I sat up more and took in the room for the first time.

I turned to the right and I saw a dark figure in the armchair and my eyes strained to see the features in the darkness.

The mystery figured moved and sat up "hey finally you're awake. You've been asleep for like two days" he said in a yawn.

"what? I was really asleep that long?" I was suddenly annoyed by the lack of light in the room.

Parker stood "do you mind if I turn on the lights? Or do you want to take advantage of the darkness before a nurse comes in to check on you?" he said laughing.

I just laughed "oh yeah baby take me now!" I smiled in the dim light.

"well alright then if you insist" and he jumped into the small hospital bed with me!

"Parker!" I was laughing at how silly he actually was. He was seriously like a child. I was also very much aware of his very not so child body being practically on top of me.

"what? You asked" he laughed and pulled me close to his side.

After I few minutes snuggled up to Parker I decided to ask what was on my mind"Parker?"

"mhm" he sounded as if he was falling asleep.

"Is my mom really dead?" I was actually scared for the truth. I knew she was. I saw her body and I knew she was I just needed someone to confirm it.

"Anna I'm really sorry..." he took my small hands in his and I could feel the tears prick behind my eyes."but yeah she did die..."

"don't worry it's alright" I just stared at our intertwined hands.

"Anna I swear I would've killed him if I could've. I wont let anyone hurt you ever" he just stated at me and his words were so real and seeming so protective I couldn't hold my traitor tears back any longer.

"thanks Parker" my voice cracked because of tears.

Hey let go off my hand and wiped the tears off of my cheek.

"any time" he flashed his perfect smile and laid us both down on the bed while pulling me practically on top of him.

I listened to his heart while Parker's hand traced patterns on my back while I eventually fell into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I added more! Hope you have a wonderful day please don't forgot to

VOTE/COMMENT!!!!!