Chapter 13: The Elder's gift

Start from the beginning

"Oh...umm. Let me see..damn... I wish I have more time. I am unsure."

"Your wish has been shared by your dragon who knows your heart and so I grant it."

A swirling bronze light that was cool and warming at once. It tickled and Orochi suppresses a laugh.

"Never hide your happy, young dragon. We are a strong warrior clan with cold intelligence and a protective countenance. But we also lived to love, care, and guide our young and live and laugh. So be happy. Your wish to carry on young with your mate has been granted. Your dragon says to tell you 'look inside and you will find your gift'. Now be well, young dragon and I pray you will not be the last. Farewell."

"Goodbye Elder, Heiwana hikari. And thank you."

And with that Orochi felt sleepy and closed his eyes.

When he opened them again, he was in a dark room. He lay on a stiff bed. The smell of antiseptic and clean abused his nose. Someone sat near him in a chair by the bed. He pulsed his chakra to sense his surroundings.

The figure sat up and grabbed his hand.

"Orochi!?"

"Sakumo? What? How am I here?"

Sakumo moved and cupped his face. He kissed him lightly and sweetly.

"I gave you a mate mark and you and the kids lost consciousness. I thought I was losing you."

Orochi felt wet hit his face. He reached up in the moonlight and touched Sakumo's face. Wet from tears falling. Though the big brute over him gave no other sign he was crying.

"My love. I'm ok. And Kakashi and Anko?"

"They woke the next morning. They are fine. You have been out for three days with a fever raging through you. You've had Tusnade a mess trying to control it."

"I'm sorry. Gomensai. I didn't mean to worry you and I still don't, but we must finish the mating before I get worse."

"What are you going on about? Your clan doesn't do mate marks."

"I am more dragon than snake at this point. And dragons do have mates. I will explain, but after. Your neck, Sakumo."

Orochi was starting to feel week and feverish. It was an urgency he felt. He pulled at Sakumo's clothing and arms.

Sakumo sat on the bed and leaned forward. He tilted his head and exposed neck and shoulder by pulling his shirt to the side.

Orochi tongued the spot he would bite. The ugly scar where the enemy had tried to end his life was just above it. He sucked and nibbled. Preparing Sakumo. Sakumo let out a low growl, it shot straight to his groin and warmth pooled there.

"Orochi, Utsukushī, it is torture just mark me, please."

"I'm sorry my love, yours will not be as pleasurable as mine, but there is no time."

Orochi bit into Sakumo's neck under the scar where the shoulder meets the neck. He sank fangs and buried his teeth. The taste of iron coated his tongue. And Orochi pushed chakra into the bite.

Sakumo cried out and slumped forward. Orochi unlatched his mouth. He licked clean all the blood from Sakumo's neck and shoulders. He felt complete. His strength was starting to come back. The fever suddenly breaking.

Sakumo had passed out. His body heavy. And without his normal power, Sakumo collapsed on him. It was a heavy restraining weight. Orochi searched blindly for the nurse button. His hand found the cord and followed it down to the button which he pushed.