ღ chapter eleven ღ

the four year was the first one to wake up in the morning. he groaned as he felt his face all sticky from his early-morning-fear-tears that he had just a few hours ago. he tried to shift around his twin size bed to a more comfortable position yet he noticed how he was being held down by a pair of arms.

his green eyes widened as he realized it was not just a random pair of arms but they were in fact louis' arm.

he heard louis mumble a few words as harry tried to get out of his grip and harry whispers, "i 'ave to wee..."

he feels louis' arm loosen and he quickly gets up from the bed and heads to the loo. his little feet making a pitter-pattern noise as he walked down the hallway passed anne's room.

he could hear the snores coming from her room on his way back to his room and he giggled quietly. she's so loud!, he thinks.

when he gets back to his bedroom, the clock that sat beside the superman that louis gave him read 6:23AM. harry still had clue how to tell time but seeing as the sun hadn't fully risen yet he decided to hop back into bed.

louis squirmed as harry positioned himself back on top.

"can... can you stop moving?" louis mumbles then adds a quick, "please."

"okay," harry replied and stayed still.

soon enough he fell back asleep.

"how about we play hide and seek?" louis suggests when they had finished eating their breakfast. harry thought for a second... his nightmare still fresh in his memory. he decided to trust the new louis though and gave him a nod.

"can," louis started before pausing, "c-can you count to 20 yet?"

harry looked at him dumbfounded.

"i'm 'our not dumb," harry says crossing his arms defensively.

"i... i was just asking," louis replies lifting his hands up in surrender. harry waves him off and closes his eyes beginning to count out loud.

"one, two, t'ree, 'our" he says out loud.  (a/n: i'm sorry if this is annoying lol... i love making him have a baby-ish talk).

anne turned to give him a smile watching as harry was having fun with louis. she then turned her attention back to the telly where she watched her weekly saturday cooking show.

when harry got to twenty he squealed excitedly. he always loved hide and seek and he always found himself playing with niall or anne sometimes. yet he already knew their favorite hiding spots so he would find them easily. with louis though, he had no idea where the six year old could be.

he tried under the bed first of course. then the closet. he wasn't there. he headed for the bathroom thinking that maybe he was just hiding in the bathtub yet he wasn't there either.

he didn't think checking his mother's room as he knew louis wouldn't think about going there. he checked the hall closet, the kitchen, the living room yet he wasn't there.

he began to feel frustrated as he teared the house down searching for him. his eyes began to tear up as he realized he was nowhere. did he leave?

he found himself back into his room as he snuggled into bed crying over not being able to find louis. where was he?

he then hears his bedroom door open and watches as louis walks in.

"are you... are you crying? why?"

"i 'ouldn't," he hiccups, "find," another hiccup, "y-you."

"i...i was outside," louis responds, "waiting for you."