Burning brooms and unwanted Dukes

Start from the beginning

"Did I," Mario asks smugly as he dodges the onslaught of rings.

Kamek raises an eyebrow, Of course he did, is he blind? He completely missed me! The magikoopa looks back and notices flames engulfing some wood, a stick of some sort. As he looks closer his jaw drops in horror, "My broomstick!" As Kamek stands gaping and dumbfounded by the preceding events, Mario takes the opportunity to tackle the magikoopa and snatch the wand from his claws. "My wand," Kamek exclaims as he tries to chase after the fleeing Mario. Mario waves the wand above his head causing little white wings to sprout from his hat then he jumps into the air taking flight. Kamek collapses hopelessly to the ground as he watches Mario fly off with his wand and angrily shouts, "Blasted plumber!"

She rolls her blue eyes vexed as her father begins the introductions of the princes he selected for his little experiment as she likes to think of it. Chizer calls the first one up, "Prince Cashmire of the Tarpon Kingdom." The prince steps forward and bows to King Floral then takes Daisy's hand and kisses it finishing with a suggestive wink. Daisy barely glances at him before scoffing in disbelief; he is of average height with jet black spiky hair and is muscular like a professional weightlifter, wearing a gray tunic with a navy cape.

Who does he think he is, Mr. Universe? I'll take his pompous attitude down a couple of notches, she vows unimpressed by her father's first choice. Chizer then introduces Prince Peasley, who she met earlier; he bows to both of them then goes back to his spot in line, not wanting to make a big production of himself at all. He's nice, a little mysterious, but nice.

"Prince Toffee from the Saffron Kingdom," Chizer announces the red haired prince. He is average in both height and build wearing a red tunic and white pants. After shaking the hand of the king, he takes Daisy's and raises it above his head as he bows then returns to his spot along the line as Chizer announces the next candidate. "Prince Pine of Jewelry Land," Daisy studies him carefully as he is a friend of Princess Peach; average height and build with shaggy auburn hair wearing somewhat traditional prince garb: a green triangular hat with a white feather protruding from the rim, poofy blue shirt and pants, along with the white stockings. Daisy giggles in her head as he bows to both her and the king.

Okay Peach, interesting choice, but I'm not looking for a Robin Hood look alike. Daisy stares off into space as Chizer begins to introduce the last candidate.

"Duke Waluigi of Warioland," Chizer calmly calls. Daisy's head snaps toward the tall, lanky Wario brother. He smirks as he takes his hat off and bows toward Daisy and King Floral.

"It is an honor to be here," he notes trying to laugh at Daisy's shock.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa stop the music," Daisy interrupts. "Dad he's not royalty! There is no such place as Warioland and he's," she accusingly points at Waluigi, "not a duke!"

"He provided the proper documentation Daisy; now please sit down and stop making a scene," Thorne orders. The princess blinks in disbelief then begrudgingly sits back down. Waluigi takes his place back along the line of suitors as Thorne stands up to address them. "Noblemen, I welcome you to Sarsaraland, your journey was a long one so I will keep my speech brief. Although I am thankful that you all accepted my invitation, I warn you now that the task ahead will not be an easy one. Not only will my lovely daughter be judging your character, but I will be as well, along with my personal staff, and the former queen herself, Madame Hyacinth. Finally as to commence the occasion of your arrival and as a test of your manner in public there will be a ball held at the end of the month in this very room. I expect everyone brought their evening attire and will be more than ready to participate. Now if you all will follow Chizer he will show you to your quarters." On command, the goomba like servant pops up behind the courters and escorts them upstairs. Daisy rolls her eyes once again and gets up from her chair to head back toward her garden.