"I've seen it. Took out a whole lot of dementors on the train ride here." George added. Iris rolled her eyes.

"It was seriously nothing. Anyone could do it."

"Look who's being miss modest." Fred teased.

"Shut up Weasley."

"Which one?" The twin asked in union.

"Both of you." She snapped. The next thing the twins knew was that their feet were glued to the floor.

"It can't be-"

"-her. Iris would never-"

"-do such a thing. Would she?"

"I'll have you know pranking is in my blood. My dad was a prankster when he was younger. The odds of me following in his footsteps are quite high." She said an evil smile playing on her lips.

"You didn't."

"I might have put crazy glue on your shoes while you two were spacing out." She said sheepishly.

"You'll pay for this." George threatened. But, before the twins could do anything Lupin walked through the door. She gave them a wink and found a spot next to Alicia Spinnet.

"Mr and Mr Weasley. Care to explain why you two are the only two standing?" Lupin inquiried.

"As much as we would love to sit down. We can't." Fred said, slightly embarrassed. He couldn't believe that the new girl had one upped them.

"And why is that?"

"We're kind of stuck to the floor." George said feeling his cheeks go as red as his hair of embarrassment. Iris smirked.

"Why do you find this so amusing?" Fred asked annoyed.

"The two greatest pranksters since the marauders are brought to their knees by a simple sticky situation." She teased. Lupin gave her a confused look before saying.

"I'm sorry to have to do this Miss Evans, but I'm going to have to take five points from Gryffindor and you have detention."

Iris shrugged.

"Not my first rodeo." She stated, taking out her text book.

"You're still forgetting about something." Fred said, extremely embarrassed by now.

"Yes, Iris. This is your fault."

"How is it my fault you two can't handle a simple prank?"

"Settle down you three." Professor Lupin ordered. He took out his wand and with a simple spell he freed the twins. The twins both glared at Iris before taking their seats.

Lupin began his lesson. Since the last two defense against the dark arts teachers were a bunch of idiots, Lupin decided to review boggarts.

"Alright everyone stand up."

Iris felt butterflies in her stomach. She knew what her fear was and she wasn't so sure she was ready to share it with everyone else. As the number of classmates slowly thinned out it was soon her turn. Iris took a deep breath and stepped in front of the wardrobe. She watched in horror as the boggart took shape into her worst fear. Her nightmare.

In front of her was a very angry Jared Evans, her father. He was rambling on about her not living up to her family motto and how she spent her time reading nonsense.

"Riddikulus." She said choking back tears. Jared Evans broke out into Irish dancing causing everyone to start laughing. Iris noticed Professor Lupin's confused look as she pushed her way to the back of the room and wiped away a few tears.

"Miss Evans I'd like to have a word with you." Lupin said after class.

"Did I do anything wrong?"

"No. It's just-"

"Well. I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date. No, time to talk, hello, goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late." She said. And then she bolted for the door. Something strange was going on. She decided to go to the Black Lake to clear her head.

As she headed for the lake a black dog came out of nowhere. He was all excited, wagging his tail as he approached her, but then slowed down. He cocked his head to the side confused.

"Oh, hi Snuffles." She said absentmindedly.

Upon hearing that name he backed away slowly. It suddenly dawned on her that this was Sirius Black in his animagus form and only his friends knew about that nickname.

"You don't need to be afraid of me. You look a lot like my old pet, Snuffles. Do you mind if I call you that?"

The dog shook its head and took a step towards her.

"I know who you are." She blurted out.

The dog nearly took off. Without even thinking she stood in front of the dog's path.

"I know you're innocent." Iris said quickly. She then took out the leftover sandwiches out her pocket and offered it to him as a peace offering. Snuffles sniffed it and then took it out of her hand.

"See that wasn't so bad." She stated, scratching behind his ears which he was beginning to enjoy. Iris wrinkled her nose.

"Next time I'm bringing flea shampoo. Trust me you stink no offense."

Iris then looked at her watch.

"Well I better get going it's supper time." Iris got up and left. As she walked to the Great Hall she remembered her family motto.

"Don't worry, Sirius,I'm going to prove you're innocent."