"Yep. She's finally mine," Steven said, a blush growing on his cheek as he smiled victoriously. "Here, let me pay you for the food."

"Nah dude. It's on the house. You guys go have fun," Lars said with a thumbs up. Steven nodded and headed to the door. He saw you sitting at a table, elbow on the table, head in your hand, facing the ocean, with your hair slightly blowing in the breeze. He took an audible deep breath before grabbing the handle of the door. "You got this dude!" Lars exclaimed, giving him support. Steven opened the door and you instantly turned around. He put a hand on your shoulder.

"You payed for the food, didn't you?" he said with a slight laugh.

"Maaaaaaybe," you said with a laugh back. "C'mon let's just eat. I'm famished!" You opened the bag and set out the donuts. Steven sat across from you as you began to eat.

*STEVEN'S POV*

I looked over at (Y/N). She had picked up her donut and smiled a warm smile. "Excited?" I chuckled. 

"Of course! They're like fresh out the oven!" she took a bite. "MMMMM!"

"Ha, nothing's better than a hot donut!" I said, digging into mine. She was right; they were delicious! I brought my head up when I heard her mumble something. "What was that?" I recieved another, slightly louder, mumble, followed by a giggle. "C'mon (Y/N), what?"

"EXCEPT A HOT GUY TO GO WITH IT!" she blurted out, immediately running her hands through her hair before hiding her head in her hands, flustered. I had to stifle a laugh and a blush before looking at her. Even from under her hands, I could still the how red she was. I decided to mess with her again.

I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms. "Hmph, cute." I smirked as I saw her drop her head on the table and hide in her arms. I knew I had gotten to her. I laughed and patted her head. "Love," I said with a chuckle. She looked back up at me with those goregous (e/c) eyes. She playfully pouted at me. 

"You can't do that to me!" she said, still ruby red.

"Oh but I can~. Plus, you started it," I said, leaning my elbows on the table and staring at her with an eyebrow raised. She was at a loss for words. 

"I, but," she looked down in embarrassment. I lifted her chin up and looked into her eyes. 

"It's okay. I'm not mad or anything," I said, and we both smiled. 

"I just said that so out of context. How are you just okay with tha-" I cut her off.

"Because I love you. How many more time do I have to say it?" I said, giving her a quick kiss. Now I had really done it. There was no way her blush was going away anytime soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(the next day) ( (Y/N)'s POV)

"Steven! We're gonna be late for school!" I shouted from downstairs. 

"I'm comin, I'm comin," he said as he made his way down. 

"Why do you have 2 jackets?" you noticed he was carrying an extra. "It's not that cold out."

"It's for you, doofus," he said, draping the jacket over your shoulders. 

"Well thank you. Now can we go? I really don't wanna be late," you said, heading to the door. You reached for the handle.

"Nuh uh. The gentleman opens the door for the lady," he said going to open the door. You shook your head and kicked the door back closed. 

"Well, maybe this lady wants to open the door for her gentleman," you said with a smirk.