Saving the People Who Save People Part 2

"This is the rec room where superheroes work on strengthening powers and honing super-skills." I explained to them as we walked into the room.

"Cool. What powers do you have?" the shorter of the two, Oliver, asked me.

"My powers come from water. I can do whatever I want with it. Although the more taboo that pertains to water, I don't use. At all. Like ever." I told them.

"Okay, so if Superheroes are real and out there saving the world, how come we never see you guys?" asked Kaz.

"It's a combination of things. Memory wipe, superspeed, invisibility, or just normal normos not paying attention to everything besides their phone." I explained.

"But you have a phone. You've been waving it in your hand this entire time." Kaz told me.

"Excellent observation, Kaz!" I pointed my phone at him. "It's to create a more dramatic scene!"

"So, you're a theater geek." Oliver commented. "Good to know."

"I think we're called Thespians in the Normo world." I said.

"Anyways, if you guys act in secret, then why are there superhero comic books and graphic novels?" asked Oliver.

"Well, there has to be some sort of revunue within the superhero community. Do you think hospital care and medical research is free? No, it isn't. It should be, but it's not. And we use it to fund the League of Heroes, and the bowling league of heroes." I said before reaching into my pocket and handing them the two devices. "Here are your mm-200 communicators. You'll be notified when you're needed. Have fun!" and with that I walked out of the room.

Only to be met with my cousin, Alan. And I jumped. God dammit, Alan. "So, how was that?! Were the Normos Normo-e? Can I get the Normo cage now?"

"First off, step back. Your breath smells worse garlic on a liver and union pizza." I told him.

"What are you doing eating Normo food, [Y/N]?"

"Calm your dumbass down, it was the best analogy I could come up with on the fly. Now, if you excuse me I'm going to find a quiet place to read." I told my cousin before walking away from him.

The boys came the next day after dad sent them a message for the two of them to come in at once. "Boys! So great to see you. We'll need your help."

Then, the sound of Benny came with one other doctor rolling in a hospital bed with Tecton. "Make a path, people! I've got a beloved superhero... has a puncture room to the chest. Object appears to be a.. stop sign?"

"Kaz, that's Tecton!" Oliver said as the two boys and me walked over to the injured superhero.

"Dude, you are my all-time favorite superhero. A...ar... are you okay? What happened to you?" asked Kaz.

"Megahertz was robbing the federal reserve bank. When he tried to make an authorized withdrawl, I stopped him. Unfortunately, he made an unauthorized deposit of this stop sign in my chest." Tecton flicked the sign.

"You tend to notice that when superheroes are in pain, they like to make jokes. Not the best bank pun I've heard yet." I whispered to Oliver and Kaz to which Tecton tried to glare at me, but couldn't.

"Wheel Tecton to the OR." dad told Benny who started to wheel Tecton away. "Boys, how would you like to observe Tecton's surgery?" this cannot be as bad as I think it will be. Will it?

"Are you kidding? We'd love to!" Oliver told him before got a solemn look on his face. "Oh, but... we kind of have a prior commitment."

"Huh. I thought your commitment was to this hospital. Guess I misjudged you." Dad started to walk away.

"No. No. No! We definitely want to work here! It would be a dream come true. It's just... we promised our friend we would-."

"This is Tecton!" Kaz cut his friend off. "We can make new friends! Superhero friends!"

"Okay! Count us in!" Oliver caved. Wow. Weak resolve there, bowl cut.

"Splendid. You'll be saving the people who save people." dad told them.

"Oh, I told you we should've trademarked that." Kaz told him.

"Dad already did." I commented.

"I did. See?" Dad showed them his t-shirt with the phrase on it. "[Y/N], get them ready." and with that he walked away.

"Don't do anything I would do and definitely don't do anything I wouldn't do. There's a little gray area in there and that's where you two operate. Now, if you two need anything, because I'm sure both of you are smart enough to find your way to the OR. Or at the very least one of you, I'll be in the cafeteria. It's cake day. And momma needs her velvet cheesacake." I told them before walking away from the two idiots.