Chapter 2

Word Count: 704 words

POV: There's a new member to the team they seem perfect, maybe too perfect. Do you have a secret? Are you too good to be true?

*5 days later*

"Who is Hotch talking to in his office?" JJ asks the team.

"I heard it's y/n and yes before you ask I ran a full background check they are clean as can be perfect everything," Garcia explains.

"Hmm, I think I've met them before in the office... oh my God, I did! A few days ago we were talking. I didn't know they were here for a position I thought we were full?" Reid says confused.

"Shhh, here they come..." Emily yells. *Hotch and y/n leave his office and walk towards the team*

"Y/N says they've been introduced to everyone already thanks to Reid but I would like to introduce all of you to y/n they will be joining the team as a fellow genius." Hotch explains.

"Oooh, pretty boy has some competition!" Derek says while laughing.

"I mean not to brag but I do have 3 PhDs and an IQ of 189..." you proclaim. *The team looks at you shocked and confused as to how someone can be smarter than Reid*

"Moving on! We have a case, my fine furry friends." *Reid zones out while Garcia explains the teams next case wondering how someone can be smarter than him, they must be lying right?*

"Hello, earth to boy genius!" Rossi says while waving his hands in Reid's face. "Oh yes sorry, I zoned out."

"We were asking you how many boats are on lake mead?" Hotch repeats,

"1,912"

"Actually there're 1,908 boats on lake mead." you say correcting Reid.

"No that's not..."

"That'll be 1 point to y/n!" Rossi interrupts showing his google search proving you right.

"Huh, I don't know how I got that wrong."

"Its okay kid don't worry about it," Derek says calmly while patting Reid on the shoulder.

*This newbie has to have a secret there's no way they're outsmarting me right now! I'm gonna have Garcia do some more digging when we get back to Quantico.*

"So y/n what made you choose the BAU?" Prentiss asks,

"As a kid, I always watched this show called Criminal Minds and it made me do some more research on what it's like to be a profiler. So after some research, I looked into what classes I would need to take and took every class possible, and right after college I applied to the FBI and got in the first try. And here I am now!" you explain cheerfully.

"Wow, even Reid didn't get in the first try, none of us did actually, that's impressive!" JJ says as congratulations.

"Well, I'm sure if Reid had the resources I did he would've passed first try no questions asked," you assure.

"Wheels up in 10 guys we've gotta get moving hope you're packed y/n!" Hotch says sternly.

*The team travels to Nevada to work the case and comes back 2 days later*

"Wow you were really good out there I hope you keep it up, newbie." Rossi says.

"Thank you it's such an honor to hear that from you!" you say in awe.

*The team leaves but Reid stays back and finds Garcia*

"Hey can I ask you something?"

"Yes of course boy genius speaking of which you really got schooled today!"

"I don't wanna talk about it. Anyways promise to keep this a secret?"

"Promise."

"Garcia?"

"Fine, I won't even tell Morgan."

"Good. So I think this newbie has a secret, they were perfect on their first day, they got into the FBI first try, they have a higher IQ, all of this seems fishy to me."

"Wait are you... jealous?"

"WHAT? No, never! Could you just maybe do a deeper dive on y/n there's gotta be something we're missing here."

"Hmm okay I'll see what I can do for you I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

"Okay thank you so much Garcia and remember this is a secret between us, not even Derek can know."

"I know I know it's getting late. I'll work on it first thing tomorrow morning, goodnight!"

"Night Garcia."

*There has to be something there's no way y/n is perfect hopefully Garcia finds something useful to prove I'm not jealous... what if it is just jealousy? No, no it can't be.*