"For real?"

Shay nodded. "She's giving up, Ky. I heard her tell one of her friends that as long as you send money, she cool off you. That shit even hurt me, Ro." She sniffled some. "I'm not askin' you for no money, if you keep sendin' it, then that's on you. But I need some type of support from you. It's bad enough I'm raisin her in west Oakland... don't make it even worse with her havin' a daddy that's in and out of her life." She pleaded, tugging at a nigga's heart and shit.

"I won't." I told her, pulling off the freeway.

She looked at me, like she was trying to study me before nodding her head and sitting back in her seat.

On the way to the hotel, we talked a little more, mostly about our marriage and the amount of toxicity between us. I could admit that the relationship I held with Shay was the reason why I was dealing with my baby girl the way I was. I didn't want to, and sometimes, I didn't even notice I was doing it. Sometimes, it wasn't about my daughter... sometimes it was just about Shay.

I felt that the main reason our marriage didn't work the way it should have, was because of her kids outside of the marriage, and my childishness. Honestly, I was a childish mothafucka. Still am.

When we pulled up, I helped her with the bags, out the car into the hotel and then up to her room. Together, we got the kids ready for bed and I gave Evre's sleepy head self a kiss on the cheek before turning to leave.

"Bye Kyro." Shay said from behind me, walking me to the door.

"Bye, Shay." I said, walking out the door, before she closed it, I stopped her and looked her in the eyes. "Imma do better," I told her. "I promise."

February 7th, 2020

Staring blankly, I looked up at my baby daddy from over the top of the car.

He sighed, putting his hands on top of his head and interlocking them

He sighed, putting his hands on top of his head and interlocking them. "What now, Shay? You ain't never fuckin' happy, damn."

"Nigga, don't snap no fuckin' attitude wit me." I made a face. "When she fuck around and total this car-"

"Why would you even speak that shit in existence?"

"Uh," my eyes bucked as my eyebrows raised. "Cause my daughter-"

"Yo daughter?" He made a face.

"My daughter," I reiterated. "Cannot fucking drive."

"She can learn to."

"In a fuckin' Tesla, Ro? What typa sense that shit even make?" Of course, like the dumb ass he was, he didn't say anything. "And where her cake, her cupcakes? The one fucking thing she asked for?"