twenty-nine

Shay Marie Carson

OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA📍

(Just in case y'all forgot what she looked like lol😹

(Just in case y'all forgot what she looked like lol😹.)

February 7th, 2012
The kids were knocked out in the back of the Range after a long ass party. All my baby mommas picked their kids up, and were off to their houses with them, and I was headed to the Holiday Inn with Evre and the kids Shay came with in the back.

"My baby slumped." Shay noted lowly, looking at Evre laid across her brother and best friend's lap in the back, almost on the way to the floor, dead to the world.

I looked in the rear view mirror at her and nodded. "Hell yeah she is." I agreed, and it got quiet in the car before I turned the radio off. "I'm sorry." I announced as I switched lanes on the freeway.

"For what?" Shay tooted her lips.

I cut my eyes at her. "Foreal, Shay?"

"What? You sorry... yeah, a sorry motha'fucka." She shrugged. "If you apologizin'... you got a lotta shit to apologize for. So what are you sorry for Lennox?"

"Everything." I tightened my grip on the steering wheel. "I really fucked up and dropped the ball wit' E. And I can admit that I'm really a sucky ass daddy... and baby daddy, cause I'm not makin' shit no better for you." I explained.

The talk me and Evre had really opened my eyes to a lotta shit. She wasn't as... oblivious as my other kids were. Evre was really observant, whether she needed to be or not. Nothing got past her lil ass.

Shay paused before clearing her throat. "When you come to that conclusion?"

I took a breath. "Me and her... had a long talk, and she was talkin' bout how she felt like she ain't have her daddy in her life." I paused, thinking about how the shit she said was really true unfortunately. "She called me a deadbeat, and then said I was absent." I paused again. "She said I treat her like a second thought. Like I don't really care about her."

Shay stifled a laugh before turning to me. "Did she lie, tho'?"

"I care about my daughter, Shay."

"Do you treat her, like you care tho?" She countered. "I done heard her cry herself to sleep at night, dealin' wit' all your broken promises. It's to the point where I have to make her call you, or talk to you, cause she refuses to do it willingly."