🧪Chapter 24~Scheming🧪

Start from the beginning

"I see. Tsukasa-chan doesn't want to attack in the winter partly because he wants more men, but..." Gen said.

"It's simple. In this stone world, a mega-cold winter battlefield is hell. But we can overcome that problem with science. A warm, proper meal that we can prepare instantly would give us a ten billion percent advantage. It'd the ultimate weapon in a winter battle." Senku said with a smirk.

"Warm science food is going to keep us powered up, in body and spirit!" Suika said as she watched [Y/n] draw up a roadmap to their "Space Ramen".

"Space food sounds amazing!" Chrome cheered.

"This is the final super item for our attack on Tsukasa Empire." Senku said.

"Let us get started!" [Y/n] cheered, finishing the map.

"Leave us to make the ramen. Now that everyone in the village has come together, we can be more efficient than ever." Kohaku said, making [Y/n] smile a little.

"The maker team's gonna keep up, too! We're going to build a machine to upgrade that ramen to space ramen!" Chrome announced.

"But how does this work?" Kaseki asked while [Y/n] and Senku looked over the blueprint.

"We're going to vacuum the ramen. We'll take all the air out. It's the same as we did before." Senku said.

"Ah, when we built the cell phones. Those vacuum tubes were a real pain." Kaseki said, "Wait, vacuum the ramen? What does that mean?"

Senku had a wicked grin and told Kaseki. The old man got excited and burst out of his clothes, sending the three teens flying backward. Soon the ramen was done.

"Okay, the ramen's done." Kohaku said. Ginro's eyes brightened.

"Now we just need to warm it up in soup." Suika said.

"That won't be necessary." Senku said with his pinkie in his ear as he and [Y/n] walked over to the ramen stand. 

"We're freezing it solid." Senku said with a cartoonish expression on his face. 

Then they froze the cups of ramen.

The next morning, the cups were frozen solid. 

"This is space food?" Kohaku asked, looking down at one of the cups. They stood outside of their igloo freezer outside of the village.

"No, this is just frozen food. We're going to lighten this to Hell and back so our troops can be even more mobile." Senku said.

"Lighten ramen?" Gen questioned, "You don't mean...?

"Yes, we are making cup ramen. Freeze-dried food." [Y/n] answered.

"Freeze-dried, huh? I've heard of it, but what exactly are we doing?" Gen asked.

"We're literally freezing it and then drying it. That's all it is." Senku said as they walked back to their lab, "When you freeze food, the moisture inside turns to ice."

"Yeah, of course. I get that much." Gen said.

"Put that in a vacuum, and the lack of air environment turns the water...Poof! Into vapor. That dries out the food and makes it super small and light." Senku continued to explain.

"That's still too complicated for me." Suika said.

"How exactly do we do the 'poof' part?" Kohaku asked and Senku smirked.

"That's what the maker team's for." He said.

"It's done!" Kaseki cheered while flexing.

"Check this out. We used the water wheel that we suffered so much to build...to build a freeze-drying machine." Chrome said. Everyone looked in out. "I assumed they were going to overcomplicate things like the last time." [Y/n] muttered.