🧪Chapter 13~Masked Warrior🧪

Suika paced back and forth in front of the shed with Kohaku, Chalk, and Inosuke waiting, patiently. Chalk barked while Inosuke squealed happily, being the first ones to notice the men.

"Welcome back!" Suika cheered as they watched the boys haul back the jars filled with sulfuric acid.

"We had it past the biggest hurdle! We got sulfuric acid!" Chrome cheered. Kohaku's expression brightened as tears filled her eyes.

"Then, at last, we can make the drug to save Ruri-nee?" She asked while they set the equipment down, and Chrome gave her a deadpanned look.

"Have some patience, Didn't you see that crazy roadmap to the cure-all drug?" Chrome questioned.

"The incredibly long one?" Kohaku questioned, and Senku chuckled.

"It's not that bad. We have just about everything we need now. We have all the necessary materials. Now it's just a matter of lighting up all the dark spots on the roadmap, one by one." Senku said and took a glance around, "Where's [Y/n]?" He asked.

Kohaku pointed up to the shed. "She was worried about you all night that she couldn't sleep. She'd finally fallen asleep some time ago." She said, and Senku made his way towards the shed then up the ladder.

Once he made it inside, Senku saw [Y/n] asleep on the wooden floor in the middle of the shed. She was curled in a ball under her blanket while one of her hands were sticking out and opened as if she was waiting for Senku to hold her hand. Like they've always done when they slept near each other.

Senku's eyes softened, and he couldn't stop himself from smiling a little. He crawled over and entwined his fingers with hers then gave it a squeeze. [Y/n] returned the squeeze and slowly opened her eyes.

"Are you gonna sleep all day? We have chemistry to burn through." Senku said with a smirk while [Y/n] stared at him in a daze for a moment. Her eyes widened, and she sat up.

Without another word, [Y/n] tackled Senku into a hug, causing both of them to fall on the floor.

"Welcome back." [Y/n] said in a gentle tone with her head resting on his shoulder. The same tone that always made Senku's body turn into mush.

Senku chuckled. "I promised we would be back." Senku said, and [Y/n] smiled. She was trying not to cry. "Yes... you did." [Y/n] said and squeezed him tighter.

After a moment, the two teenagers pulled away from each other and noticed the awkward position they were in.

[Y/n] was on top of Senku with her hands on Senku's shoulders while Senku's hands were on her waist. They stared into each other's eyes. Senku smiled, softly. [Y/n]'s face turned completely red.

"I-I...um...We...We should do chemistry." [Y/n] stuttered and got off of Senku then quickly left the shed.

Senku chuckled and sat up. 'She's going to be the death of me' He thought and climbed out of the shed.

"First, we boil the sulfuric acid we got, and add a pinch of salt." Senku introduced as [Y/n] demonstrated.

"There's a weird glass sculpture with a stick in the middle." Suika said while looking at one of the glass equipment that Kaseki made.

"How dare you make me make such a complicated thing?! I don't know what you're using it for, but you've gone and made me all excited!" Kaseki ranted, and [Y/n] giggled.

"It's a water dripping machine." Senku said.

"Are we catching the gas that's coming out of the sulfuric acid and salt mixture as it drips?" Chrome asked, and [Y/n] nodded.