04. sure thing, barbie

Start from the beginning

When she was seven years old, she used to watch videos of her dad on her birthday and he barely appeared in them but that's the only memory she has. She didn't know if she hated him or missed him, she wouldn't dare to ask her mom why he left, the woman wouldn't even dare to pronounce his name, sometimes Kate thinks her own mother blames her and Topper for their father leaving, that could be the reason why she is always so hard on them. Also, whenever Kate wanted some love from her mom, this one would reject it, any hug, kiss or any love affection her mom would avoid it, instead of trying to do the right thing she would buy Kate whatever she wanted, according to Cynthia Thornton there's nothing money can't buy, forgetting about her children happiness.

"Look who's coming" Sarah said to her and turned to look who was walking straight to them and the young one took advantage of this to take the chip bag out of her hands, Kate glared at her as in a betrayal way and Sarah only laughed.

"Hey John B" a greeting from Sarah was heard but the John B guy ignored her as he kept walking but she stopped him. "I'm━━ I'm sorry, that's it?" both friends turned to see him, not being on his best mood. "Not a 'hey how you doin'?' Or 'kiss my ass'" Kate saw the way he was walking towards them and took Sarah's arm to slowly walk backwards, not liking how he was looking at her friend.

"'Your secret's safe with me?'" He asked knowing the young one would understand.

"What secret are━━ oh, that secret" Sarah looked confused at first but then, the memory came to her mind and smiled not knowing what was happening and why was the reason he was that mad.

"I just got fired because of you. And I know you can't imagine that but some people need jobs so that they can eat" and just like that he left after he threw the chip bag from Sarah's hands.

"My chips" Kate whispered after she saw the bag by their feet. Sarah looked at her friend with a frown with a hand on her hat.

"What the fuck?" either Sarah and Kate know what was wrong that John B was so mad.

"You're exactly what I thought you were, Sarah Cameron" in a fast move he walked towards the friends again, causing a more confusing look on them.

"You owe me a new chips John B!" That's all Kate could say after seeing her bag all over the floor, earning an annoying look from Sarah. "sorry but I'm hurt to see everything━━ okay, let's go" she put her arm over the young one shoulders and started walking.

"Asshole" Sarah sighed and Kate just nodded. As the pair were in the Cameron's boat, both sat inside of it and started talking, catching up on stuff while Kate was out of the OBX and she also told Sarah about how is like being in college.

She missed that, days like that when she used to gossip with Sarah about anything, she has her friends in college but it wasn't the same, they wouldn't understand their inside jokes or the gossips that were around the OBX. She likes being away from there but at the same time she liked it, everyone known everybody and it didn't matter if they were pogues or kooks at the end of the day they shared the island.

"We have to get back, tomorrow we have this community service shit" Sarah said not too enthusiastic about it, but nobody blames her, who would like to be hours under the sun recollecting trash and everything the hurricane left.

"I know, I'll be third wheeling with you and my brother. Rafe doesn't want to go" Kate rolled her eyes and got up from her spot.

"Are we even surprised?" Sarah rhetorically asked her friend and both headed to the exit to go to their respective house.

                  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     NEXT MORNING, Topper woke Kate up to get ready while him and Sarah took a trip on the new boat the young Thornton has bought. After an hour her brother came home and she was ready to go to the Cameron's, both Thornton siblings got in her Mercedes class g and went for Sarah and Wheezie.