Subtle Hints

Jasiri's POV

Janja has been acting weird lately. I'm starting to really worry about him. He always drift off in thought. I mean he's allowed to do that, but he's been doing that ever since we came back from the Tree of Life. I'm really worried about him. When we were done checking on the Outlanders and we went back our own territory. When we got back I rubbed up against Janja and to my surprise and disappointment he got flustered and moved away. I looked at him with a hurt expression.

"What's wrong, Janja? And don't say it's nothing. You've been acting weird ever since Kion's coranation."

"Jasiri, there's nothing wrong. And if there is I would like to tell you on my own time, alright? I know you're worried, but don't be. I'm fine." He said with a smile. I signed.

"Okay, I'll drop it, but you have to promise that when you are ready to share with someone that you'll come to me. I care about you, Janja. Promise me that you will tell me when you're ready to share." I looked at him with pleading eyes.

"I promise, Jasiri." He said before walking pass me.

Janja's POV

I did feel bad for lying to Jasiri. I was her friend and she just wanted to make sure I was okay. Little did she know though that she was problem. That night I thought about ways to tell Jasiri my feelings. Everyone else was asleep except Jasiri, she wanted to check with the Outlanders. Maybe I could give her hints that I like her. I signed.

"You're still awake." I turned to the voice to see Jasiri smiling at me.

"Yeah, I'm just not that tired." I said. Jasiri gave a tiny giggle before sitting next to me and rubbing up against me. I felt my face go hot. She was messing with me. I felt her put her head underneath my chin. Why was she doing this to me?!

"Well do you wanna look at the stars together and chat?" Jasiri asked me, still rubbing against me. I could barely speak so I just nodded. She got up and walked of the den quietly so she wouldn't wake up the others. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and followed her.

Jasiri's POV

Janja and I sat on a cliff in the Outlands and looked up at the stars. I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I felt him tense up a little before relaxing. Now, you may be wondering why I keep cuddling with Janja and the reason is that I kinda have feelings for him. I know what you're thinking, but I can't help it. My heart flutters whenever he looks at me or when he say my name or when I look at him. He's so handsome, funny, helpful, caring, big-hearted, remorseful, kind, proud and intelligent. I just want to be with him, but I want him to be honest with me about how he feels.

"It really is a beautiful night, don't you think?" I asked trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah, it is." He answered. I cuddled deeper into his shoulder and inhaled his scent.

"How do you think Kion's doing?" I asked.

"He's probably doing good with his new mate." Janja answered.

"I hope I find someone one day, like Kion did." I hinted.

"Me too." That was the last thing I heard before I went to sleep.

Janja's POV

I felt Jasiri fall asleep on my shoulder, leaving me to my thoughts. Why was she so cuddly tonight? Could she feel the same way? I went back to my previous thought about not telling her, but giving her subtle hints and have her figure it out herself. All of a sudden I let out a yawn. I'll give he hints tomorrow, with that I fell asleep.