I Wish I Could Tell You How I Feel

Janja's POV

Kiburi's float, Reirei's pack, and my clan were up against Jasiri's clan and the Lion Guard. I saw Jasiri knock down Cheezi from behind before looking at me.

"Let me show you how a real hyena fights." I said with a smirk. I was about to attack, when I saw Fuli get knocked down in front of me. She got up and growled at a crocodile who whipped it's tail at her, but she ducked and instead it hit me sending me rolling into a steam vent.

Jasiri's POV

The Lion Guard and my clan were facing Scar's army before Kion used his roar on them.

"Yay, you did it!" Madoa cheered.

"We did it!" Kion said back.

"Ugh, a little help here?!" A familiar voice yelled from a steam vent. I gasped once I knew who it was. I ran over to the voice and steam vent.

"Janja?!" I said as I saw Janja struggling to stay away from the lava. Once he started slipping, I grabbed him by his mane and pulled him back up. Once he was back to safety he looked at me with a confused look while I smiled at him.

"Why? Why did you help me?" He asked.

"I'd help any hyena, Janja. Sisi ni sawa." I simply replied back. Janja look at the ground before looking back at me.

"We're the same?"

"You and your clan don't have to be on Scar's side, Janja. You can join us, the Hyena Resistance, and help defeat him." I said motioning to my clan before looking back at Janja. I saw him hesitate before saying,

"I don't think, so! We ain't the same, Jasiri!" He said running off.

"We'll see."

Janja's POV

I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was the day I started developing feelings for Jasiri. She was so kind to me even after I tried to kill her and her clan. She's so forgiving. That's one of the things I love about her. She's daring, energetic, friendly, smart, cute, selfless, open, confident, determined, bold and adventurous. While I'm none of those things. Why would she loved someone who tried to kill her and her family and friends, brought Scar back, and tried taking over the Pride Lands? Ugh, I want to tell her so bad but I'm scared she might reject me. I was so busy with my thoughts that I didn't even see someone else coming.

"Hey, Janja. What are you thinking about?" She said. Jasiri. The one I loved. I looked up to see her beautiful face.

"Nothing you need to worry about, Jasiri." I reassured her. She smiled at me before taking a seat next to me. I felt her cuddle in me shoulder before looking at me.

"You know, you can tell me anything, Janja." She said. I felt my face get hot.

"I know. And I assure you that I am fine."

"Just making sure." She said with a comforting smile. I smiled back at her. I really wanted to tell her how I felt about her but I couldn't. I cleared my throat.

"So, what do you wanna do today?" I asked her I want to hang out with her and only her.

"Well, I suppose we could go for a walk, if you want. I need to check on the other outlanders anyway, plus it will be more fun with you." She said.

"Sure, when do we start?" I asked.

"We can start right now, actually." She said getting up and leaving the den. I followed her. As we started walking to Reirei's territory I rolled my eyes. I think Jasiri saw because she said,

"She's an outlander too, Janja. And even though you two don't like each other we still have to check up on her."

"Fine, I guess you're right." I groaned aloud.

"I'm always, right." Jasiri giggled. I felt my heart skip a beat. Why is she doing this to me.

"Sure you are, Jasiri."

"Oh Janja, you know it yourself. Stop denying the truth." I had to admit, she was right. Or most of the time, anyway.

"Fine, you're always right." I admitted. She giggled before calling for Reirei.

"Oh if it isn't Jasiri. What brings you here with him?"Reirei asked looking at me.

"Relax, Reirei. I just came to check if everything is alright with you and your family."

"Well, if you must know, Goigoi is sleeping like always and the kids are playing around. So things here are fine." Reirei said rolling her eyes when she mentioned her mate.

"That's great, Reirei. We just wanted to make sure everything was fine."

"Thanks, Jasiri, but things are fine here. You can be on your way now." Reirei turned and went back to her home. Jasiri and I were about to leave until we heard Reirei yell.

"Goigoi, wake up!" Jasiri giggled.

"I don't even know how those two are married." She said between giggles.

"Me neither." I chuckled, but it got me thinking. Reirei and Goigoi were more different than night and day and they were still together. Maybe that could be me and Jasiri. I didn't notice that I stopped walking, until Jasiri yelled at me.

"Janja!" She yelled, which made me snap out of my thoughts.

"Huh, what?" I asked confused. Jasiri look at me with general concern.

"Janja, are you sure you have nothing to tell me? You've seen lost in thought or something."

"I'm fine, Jasiri. Like I said before, nothing you need to worry about. If I wanted to tell you something I would've, okay?" I lied.

"Alright, just know that I'll always be here for you." She moved closer nuzzling my face. My face went hot for a moment and my heart stopped. She stopped nuzzling me. I looked at her. Man, she's making me fall more and more in love with her.

"I'm fine, Jasiri. I assure you. Now, let finish checking on the others." I said softly. Jasiri nodded and we continued to Kiburi's territory. Oh Jasiri I wish I could tell you how I feel.