"Pipe down rook." The infamous nickname all new players are given in their first year.

Being a Rookie isn't an insult to me. The way I see it, I'm deserving of being here just like every other man here. Otherwise I wouldn't have been drafted.

"Nah nigga, T is 100% right this is yo profession, and we're a team, when one fucks up we all look bad." Kendrick says coming to my defense

"Plus if I keep goin home to my girl getting charlie horses at 2 am and she gotta roll them bitches out...Ima slap the hell out you." Kendrick says rolling his leg out.

"Look. I'm sorry I won't do it again, I promise."

I chuckle at his lies, then go back to my phone, smiling at the reply Alina typed.

"And what's so funny giggles." Jimmy reaches over and snatches my phone from my hands.

"Aye bro chill." My attempts to grab my phone back fail, I look to Kendrick for help but he looks away like he Stevie Wonder of something.

"Boy she got you whipped." Jimmy says laughing loud as hell. "I'm tryna see you." He says reading my last text allowed.

Which I really didn't mind because...I am. Plus they already knew I was feelin her anways, so it's nothing to hide, they just annoying about it.

"What's so funny about two people talking. And potentailly making plans?" I counteract

"Oh nothings funny about it, I'm just thinking about how you finna turn into Kendrick here in a minute, and have to check in every second."

"Aye leave me outta this, and I don't have to do shit, I want to check in with my girl. And ain't nothong wrong with being a kept man, shit, that's probably why you so bad with time Butt, because you ain't got no girl to check yo ol' happy ass." Kendrick says getting up to snatch my phone back...but not before he himself looks at it.

I roll my eyes instantly, they love to be in some business that's not theirs.

"Oop she just replied," Kendrick clears his throat then tries to impersonate a female's voice. "I'm at the farmers market now getting stuff for dinner tonight, you can come here. Oh and she put a wink so let me do that." He does the uglisest wink I done ever seen in my life.

"Bro you ugly as hell cut that out NOW!" I say making a fake throw up noise.

he begins to type away on my phone.

"What the hell are you doin, gimmie my phone Dunn."

"Relax, I got this, and you better get goin because you need to pick up some red wine, oh and since you'll already be at the "real grocery store" he says looking down at my phone doing air qoutes. "You also need to get Double stuff Oreos, emphasis, on double."

"Y'all got way too much time on your hands." I stand to my full height and snatch my phone from Kendricks hands, then I step out the bath wrapping my towel around looking down at the text messages.

Of course Kendrick was the one who offered for me to get the Wine, versus her asking my to go pick it up,

I didn't mind really, my mom always says, 'Son you never go see a woman empty handed, even if all you have is a stick of gum'.

I qucikly get changed into my regular clothes, some gray nikes sweats, black Nike Air maxes, and a black dri-fit shirt.

"That boy not wastin no time." Jimmy says sitting down on the bench in front of our lockers. I try not to smile at his comment.

I can't even try to mask my excitement, I was smiling as soon as he said that, because yes. I wasn't wasting no time, I wanted to spend as much time with Alina as possible.