Torn Away

In the essence of remebrance, a girls thoughts can only be awaken from thy sorrows. Sobering on steps blanketed by a shadowy hood, Tristan leaned her head to her knees. No one stopped or even gandered at her existence. Lonely and sedated in memories of grief, Tristan gave the effort of doubting skills to be happy. All the negative thoughts revolved around her mind as presences of bodys stepped on by. All alone on steps of a public building, maybe a musuem, stuters of passer bys announced a feeling of uneasiness with the sobering fool at the entrance of their destination.To tired to utter a sound, her coarse throat began to creak. A sickness or maybe her mind playing tricks, the notion of being what Tristan really is, could not be shown to the public.

No grief or attitude at her sight, a man ushered her away. "You can't be here. Go home, go anywhere but stay out of trouble." he demanded. Expecting authority was held in his position she crept away with tears. Why no one bothered to help or even ask what the problem was puzzled her. Like a lost soul among the city, like a murderer finding its way to redemption, Tristan took a step away and slowly disappeared in the nearby park.

All this time the man who had ushered her away gave a look of interest. No child, especially a girl should be alone out here. I hope shes ok, shoulda had her call her parents or something. Maybe once my shift is over I'll go check on her. Making a sour face and twitching his good eye, he walked back to the building of his duty.

Torn to bits, torn to ashes, torn away from society. Where shall I go? She felt utterly rambled to seek help or even perhaps just take a park bench and wait. Waiting had nothing wrong with it, for time really did not exist. Clothed in her hoody and a nice wool skirt, Tristan could stay warm in chilly spring weather. Although Atlanta didn't get that cold in the spring time. Not being able to predict the future but only expect what the past could bring she sat waiting for something or someone.

Sniffling still she uubruptly stopped. A figure of a man stood in front of her. "Look little girl I'm sorry I had to push you away like that. Do you need some help?" he said. She stared not saying a word fearing that only a tantrum of crying would reinmerse. He sighed, "Hey, I can't help you if you don't talk." he said. FInally she shook her head yes. Still he couldnt see her face. Still he didn't realize that others are better left alone. But in a wake of desperation to do some good in his life he felt the need to do the Christian thing.

Standing up she pushed her hand towards him. Using her body to tell him, they must hold hands. Smiling he took it and they preceded to walk out of the park towards the bus stop. "I can take you to wherever you want or even back to my place 'till we figure things out. What is a girl your age doing out here anyways?" Being around the age of 14,  he had to ask.

Tristan didn't reply but rather pointed at the building. "What is it? Does your mother work there or something?" Shaking her head yes he gave a short giggle. "Well heck their missy why didn't you say in the first place." he said.

Turning their route from the bus stop to the building just a couple of blocks away, he felt a sudden uneasiness from his heart. This felt all to strange and wierd. How could a kid so mute and strange like this just abruptly appear at his work. He had been working their for over 10 years and never saw her. "So why haven't I seen you before? Or are you gonna just not speak again?" he said. Still Tristan didn't speak but rather shrugged her shoulders. She stared up at him as they hit the stairs. Looking down the man saw a smooth scar over her face. Somone cut her a long time ago across from her lips to her forehead. Quickly looking away he didn't bother to ask anymore questions.

Finally reaching the top of the dreadful stairs he had climbed for years upon years they walked inside. He looked down at her again. Tristan glanced at the open hall and the several corridors leading off from the main lobby. Ripping her hand away, she sprinted away at full pace. Looking suprised, "Hey little girl! Where you going?" he yelled. WIth a small amount of people witnessing the scene  they just carried on leaving him to find out for himself.