Heartfelt Reality

Start from the beginning

"Manners, Son Saeeun! It is rude to stare at someone!" she hissed at her youngest daughter.

"That's alright," Taemin said, "I'm used to getting..."

"Are you rich?" Saeeun suddenly blurted, "How'd you meet my sister? Wait, why are you two even here; don't you all have curfews? How'd you guys even get here?" and then the question that Taemin should have seen coming, but did not prepare for, "ARE YOU TWO DATING?!"

Lord save me, Naeun silently prayed.

"Okay, that's it, young lady," hissed Mommy Son, dragging Saeeun away from the dining table, "Up to your room now, come one, it's past your bedtime already".

Saeeun whined in protest, "But it's Christmas!!"

The two continued squabbling until Saeeun was pushed into her room.

"Terribly sorry about my daughter," Mommy Son apologized, "She's got quite a loose tongue whenever she meets new people".

"That's alright," Taemin reassured her. He was especially acting rather shy which made Naeun cock an eyebrow at him.

"I'm assuming you drove my daughter all the way from the mountains to bring her here," Mommy Son said as she poured more water for the two teenagers. Taemin nodded at her.

"Well, you simply must stay for the night!"

Their heads snapped up, "Eh?!"

Mommy Son looked at them in bewilderment, "You don't expect me to allow you children to go back to the resort in the middle of the night, do you? It's a two-hour drive! No, no, I insist that you stay here for the night, Taemin. You'll drive back first thing in the morning".

This was not what Taemin had planned, although it was dumb of him to not consider the two-hour drive back to the hotel. He mentally smacked himself.

"We have an empty guestroom that you can use for the night. I'm sure I can find some of my ex-husband's old clothes for you to change into," Mommy Son said as she stood up. Naeun tried to intervene with her mother's idea, but she simply waved her daughter's attempt.

"I will not allow a young man to drive my daughter in the middle of the night, endangering both your lives". This time, Taemin tried reasoning with her, "I could always go back to my own place; it's not too far from here".

"Nonsense," she snapped, "Look at you, you're all worn out. It's Christmas children, let's not start the holiday season with squabbling". At that, the two kept quiet. Mommy Son then guided Taemin to the bathroom to freshen himself up and instructed her daughter to change into her sleepwear as well.

Naeun trudged herself to her room where Saeeun was already sound asleep. She smiled at the sight of her adorable twelve-year-old sister.

"Still a baby at heart," she giggled. She was glad to be back.

That's when it hit her.

I haven't thanked him yet! Aish, Son Naeun, you pabo girl...

She power-walked to the guestroom across her bedroom, "Taemin I - " (Cue Stupid Instrumental - While You were Sleeping OST)

BADUM, BADUM, BADUM!

Taemin stood right in front of her, shirtless. She didn't realize her jaw drop as she unconsciously stared at his defined six-pack abs and the clear veins that ran down his muscular arms.

"Umm..." Taemin's voice snapped Naeun back to reality and immediately apologized, "Ahh! Mianhae, mianhae!" and slammed her eyes and the door shut.

"You can come in now," Naeun heard Taemin through the door. She let out a huge breath before opening the door. The clothes her mother gave were slightly too big for Taemin - she forgot how round her dad was back then and couldn't stop a chuckle from escaping.