Chapter 35: The Upcoming Storm.

Start from the beginning

Now then... perhaps she should test that transportation spell.

*********

"The armoury here is beautiful. I expected there to be more magical weapons, though." Taka says as Alucard guide the two hunters from Japan around the castle.

"My father was an accomplished magician. He held enough power within himself that he felt magically enhanced weapons to be unnecessary. He preferred physical things to be themselves." Alucard tells him.

"Do you?" Sumi asked him.

"I don't have a strong opinion. Magic and science are two sides of the same coin to me." Alucard said.

"Are you sure the castle can't be moved?" Taka asked.

"I'm sure." Alucard said. He and Miri had gone to check the core of the castle weeks prior before Sumi and Taka had arrived at their doorstep, to see if it could be fixed. But after a thorough inspection, it was completely useless. It will never move the castle ever again. Alucard eyed the young man with concern. This wasn't the first time they had asked about it. He had told them the truth, it was broken. Why do they keep on asking? Do they doubt him? Why?

"There's not something you're not telling us?" Taka asked, sounding oddly serious which caught Alucard's attention.

"No."

"Would you tell us if there's something you're not telling us?" Taka suddenly asked.

"Excuse me?" Alucard questioned in slight shock.

"It's just that...there are parts of the castle that you avoid showing us. Things you don't talk about." Sumi said, in a gentler tone.

"It's a big castle. Filled with centuries of material, like the Hold. We have plenty of time together, don't we?" Alucard said, trying to ease their minds by telling them that they have plenty of time together to explore the caste. Instead of pressing on, however, the vampire hunters agreed and walked up to the blonde-haired Dhampir. Sumi and Taka walked to his side, and the young woman reaches forward to hug his arm. "Yes, we do." She said with a smile.

"All right, then. Who's hungry?" Alucard with a small smile as he and the others head toward the kitchen.

*Carmilla's Castle*

Hector sat at his desk, reading a book with Silvanus sitting on his lap. Falling in and out of sleep as he tried to read the book his father had. But it all sounded and look so complex, his four-year-old brain couldn't keep up with it, making him very sleepy. Hector couldn't help but smile in amusement at his little boy. He paused reading as he scooped Silvanus in his arms and walked over to the bed. Tucking the toddler under the sheets, giving him a gentle pat on the head. He whispered good night to him just as his cell door opened up. Hector had a smile on his face, preparing to greet his Vampiric friend, but it quickly dropped when he saw Lenore, with a warm-looking blanket in her arms, as well.

Lilith snuck a friendly wave at the Forgemaster as Lenore went to his side when Hector when back to his desk. "Has night fallen already?" He asked.

"You didn't hear me enter." Lenore stated as Lilith shuts the cell door behind her. The green-eyed Vampiress went to sit beside the young child, positioning the bottle she had wrapped around her waist to help Leonora to gain a better view of her lover and child. Lilith kept a sharp eye on the two. Before arriving, Lenore had mentioned about stepping up on their plan. Thinking of a ploy to truly have Hector fall into their hands. When asked, Lenore didn't give a straight answer. She just smirked and told her to wait and see. Lilith didn't like the tone she used and had gotten a bad feeling.

"No. You have a scent. Like... jasmine and wine." Hector said with a smile. Lilith bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself from laughing. Hector was lying, but he made it sound so believable as Lenore bought it.