Chapter Four: New Arrivals and New Date Cards (Week Two)

The morning after the rose ceremony was a calm one. All the anxiety from the previous ceremony had disappeared and was replaced with a sense of relaxation. There was no doubt that the anxiety would return to the beach as the next rose ceremony drew closer, but for now everyone enjoyed the calm and relaxed a little. Of course, the girls were feeling just a little bit better than the guys. The girls had the roses this week, which meant that they had the power. It was time for the guys to sweat a little bit.

Granted, not all the girls in paradise were enjoying their new found power. For Deidra, the power came with a lot of responsibility. This was the week she was going to have to make a big decision: River or Keanu. Whoever she gave her rose to had to be the person she saw the most potential for a future with. That certainly wasn't a decision to be taken lightly.

Deidra decided to start her decision making by sitting down and talking to River. She figured that since he gave her his rose, it was only fair to talk to him first. Everyone had just finished up eating breakfast, and River was sitting at one of the tables talking to some of the guys when Deidra walked over and asked, "Hey River, can we talk for a second?"

"Yeah sure," He answered.

The two of them walked over to one of the daybeds and sat down. Once they were both settled, River asked her, "So what did you want to talk about?"

"So first off, I just want to say thank you for the rose and thank you for taking me on the date," Deidra told him, "I had a lot fun on that date."

"I'm glad, so did I," River responded, smiling a little.

Deidra then continued, "So I really like you, River, but right now I'm kind of being pulled in two different directions. I have a connection with him as well, and I'm still not sure which connection is stronger."

"Okay," River said, his smile faltering a little.

"I'm not a hundred percent sure where my rose is going right now, but I need time to figure it out," Deidra explained, "I'm hoping to spend more time with both of you in order to figure out what I really want."

River nodded before saying, "I completely understand. You go ahead and do what you need to figure out your decision, and I'll respect whatever decision that you make."

"Thank you, River," Deidra said, feeling relieved.

River responded, "Of course."

The two of them hugged and River gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before going their separate ways, leaving Deidra to think over how she was going to go about everything.

Meanwhile, Keanu and Aspen were sitting at one of the picnic tables talking. Keanu asked her, "So how are you feeling about this week?"

"I'm actually feeling pretty good," she answered, "I'm excited to see what guys are going to be coming down."

"That's awesome," Keanu told her.

Aspen then said, "I know I said this already, but thank you so much for the rose. I really, really appreciate it."

"Of course," Keanu responded, "You deserve it."

"You're the best," she told him as she gave him a quick hug before saying, "Now go get your girl."

Keanu laughed at this before saying, "Thanks Aspen, you go find your man."

"Here's to hoping, right," Aspen responded.

As luck would have it, there was a new guy walking up to the entrance of paradise where Rob Lowe was waiting to greet him. As John Stamos walked up to the host, John greeted, "Rob, how's it going?"