Chapter Two: Early Connections (Week One)

Bachelor in Paradise was known for having incredibly romantic dates, and the producers certainly didn't disappoint this season. For the first date of paradise, River and Deidra went to a museum that showed off some of the most beautiful and ancient art in all of Mexico. As they walked through the museum admiring the art, River held Deidra's hand in his and would occasionally lift up her hand up to kiss it, making Deidra blush every time.

At one point, River turned to Deidra and said, "This is really nice."

"Yeah, it is," Deidra responded, "I'm actually really relieved. I was scared that we were going to get some sort of crazy party for our date."

"Oh, are you not a big party person?" River asked.

Deidra shook her head as she answered, "No, not really. I mean, I do like going out with my friends, but it's usually doing something a little more low key and relaxed. I'm not the most outgoing, so parties aren't really my thing."

"I'm the same way. I'm not a partier," River responded, "This is much more my speed."

"Me too, and I love art, so this is my perfect date," Deidra told him.

River then asked, "Are you an artist?"

"Umm, yeah kind of," Deidra answered, "I love to draw in my spare time. I have about five sketchbooks at home that are filled with different drawings."

"That's really cool," River told her.

When they reached the end of the museum's hallway, they walked out to a balcony where there was a beautiful candle lit dinner set up for the two of them under the stars. As they sat down across from each other, Deidra said, "Oh my gosh, this is beautiful."

"Yeah, it's gorgeous," River added before lifting his glass up and saying, "Well, cheers to the beginning of this amazing journey, an amazing first date, and seeing what Paradise has in store for us."

"Cheers," Deidra responded as she clinked her glass against Rivers.

Once the both took a sip of their drinks, River asked her, "So how are you feeling about all of this?"

"When I first got on the beach, I was pretty nervous, but I'm actually feeling pretty good about it now," Deidra answered with a smile, "I wasn't expecting to get the first date of the season, but I'm really happy you brought me."

"I'm really happy you said yes," River told her, smiling as well, "So are you feeling good about everything?"

"Definitely, this definitely is a crazy process, but I know it works, and I'm hopeful that it will work for me," Deidra told him before asking River, "How about you?"

"I'm feeling really good about everything. Obviously, it's not always going to be easy, but I'm ready for whatever this journey has in store," River answered, "It's definitely gotten off on a good start."

When he said that last part, he gave Deidra a small wink that made her giggle and blush. River then reached out to tuck some of Dedira's long brown hair behind her ear. Once he did this, he let his fingers linger there for a little bit before cupping her cheek. The action gave Deidra goosebumps in the best way possible. River told her quietly, "You look very pretty tonight."

After saying that, River slowly leaned in before gently pressing a kiss to Deirdra's lips. Deidra froze in pleasant surprise for a moment before kissing him back. The kiss was slow and flirtatious and it made Deidra's heart skip a beat. At that moment, she couldn't imagine a more perfect first kiss.

While River and Deidra were out on their date, Keanu was back at the beach anxiously waiting for them to return so that he could have the chance to talk to Deidra. Keanu walked over to the bar where Aspen was sitting enjoying a drink and talking to the two bartenders, Judd Nelson and Anthony Michael Hall. As Keanu sat down next to Aspen, he smiled and greeted everyone with, "Hey guys."