Chapter 3

5 December 2015

Jay's POV

"Happy Birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Shriya,
Happy birthday to you" she opened the door of my flat and was surprised to see the decorated room in front of her. Her face glowing with the happinesses. I came out of my hiding place and back hugged her

"Did you like it?" I asked her while I kissed her cheek. I tuned her around and she hugged him tight.

"Thank you.... Thank you so much. Thank you for making this day special. I never have imagined that someone will do this for me." She told me while hugging me. I lightly detached mymself from the hug and looked in her eyes. She was crying.

"Don't cry baby... It's your birthday... You should be smiling... I don't like your tears." I said wiping her tears. And she smiled to the fullest.

"Now come let's cut the cake first... I am really hungry... I didn't even had my lunch for this.... " I said and dragged her towards the table where a small cake was placed. It was not at all those fancy cakes from famous bakeries. It was just a small plump cake. Which was decorated with chocolate syrup and had a smiley face drawn over it with gems candies. I made it just for her.

I know, I could have ordered a cake for her I wanted to make it with my own hands. And after spending hours in the kitchen , making around three terrible cakes and almost destroying my kitchen. I was able to make a decent cake.

"You made it?" She asked me with straight face.

"Don't you like?... I tried my best to make this... I just wanted to surprise you sorry if you didn't liked it.... I will go and buy you another cake of your choice." I said disappointed and was about to go when she held my hand and kissed my cheek.

"I loved it.... This is the best cake I have ever seen.... I just can't wait to taste it..." She said and dragged me near the cake and we both cut the cake together.

"How was it?" I asked with hope.
" Good..." She said. My face dropped on her remark.

"Actually... It was the best cake... I loved it." She said again and my face instantly lit up. I looked at her and she was smirking.

"So you were teasing me?" I  asked as I tried to catch her when she stepped back. And ran away while I  was chasing her all around the house.

We were so happy at that time. We weren't successful nor we had money but we were happy with each other.
I liked her since we were in school. We were together from our childhood and later fell in love with each other. She was the only girl I ever loved.

Today I have all the things, which I had dreamt once but not her... She left at the most crucial time of my life without any reason. I just got her letter. Which broke me from inside.

Today is her birthday and I am at the same place where we celebrated her last birthday. I know I should hate her for what she did to me but I am unable to do so.

"Happy Birthday Shriya" I whispered slowly. While the only tear which dared to escape from my eye. I turned around and left that place angrily.

I was angry not only on her but also on me for still loving her. I came out of the building, sat inside my car and went away.

I halted at the traffic signal when my eyes fell on the roadside tea stall where a person was reading  today's news paper and my got stuck at the heading on the entertainment column.

"Superstar Jay Vardhan has gifted his wife with the limited edition Porsche" I read the headline and it just added fuel to my already foul mood.

End of POV

****************

"You did that right?" Came an angry voice from the threshold of the room, which was quite few seconds back.

That voice came inside with the owner. That person reached near the girl who was sitting on the couch with terror filled eyes.

"You.... I know you are the soul reason of these gossips.... I don't mind you buying that car. You can buy any car or anything you want because that is the only reason you married me but what is the need to tell everyone that I have gifted you that..." He barked holding her from her shoulders as tightly as possible , taking out his frustration on her.

"Tell me... What was the need to say all those crap. When you clearly know what relationship we share... You know that I don't love you....I hate you...."He said and jerked her away.

"Jay... Please listen to me... I didn't... " Before she could say anything Jay left the place.

********************

On the other side of the city Shriya was sitting on the couch in her two bedroom apartment which she shares with Kiya.

She was sitting there lost in her own thoughts when suddenly her phone beeped taking her out of her dreamland. She looked at her phone and took the call immediately as it was a call from the hospital.

"Hello..." She said.

"Hello... Ma'am.... Actually I called you to inform you that Vinay sir asked me to inform you that you are needed here... Please come fast it's an emergency." The nurse said from the other side.

"Ok I am coming." She said as she hang up the call and hurried out of the apartment.