Chapter 2

Shriya's POV

Finally the surgery was over. It was my first time doing such type of surgery. It was very critical but we managed to save the patient.

I don't know where I got this confidence but when I was in the O.T. , holding that scalpel in my hand and that patient was infront of me. The rest of the world had vanished for me I only knew one thing that I had to save him and I think Vinay sir was right I can do that and I did that.

After the surgery , for first time Vinay sir praised me. I was so happy. Thinking all this I did not know when I reached canteen until the chatting of the junior interns caught my ear.

"Did you see the headlines today?" One of them asked the other one.

"Oh yeah..... The one that was about JAY VARDHAN right?" Other one replied.

"Yes... He is sooooo romantic.... He gifted that limited edition car to his wife on her birthday..... Ohhh how lucky she is? I am so jealous...." The first one said.

"Yeah... I know..." Commented her friend with dreamy eyes.

Yes... Indeed she is lucky. Lucky to get what she always wanted... Lucky to have the one she loved.... Lucky to be treated like a princess.

After hearing all that I just lost my appetite and came back to my cabin. On entering my cabin I slumped on my chair and closed my eyes a lone tear just betrayed me and slipped from the side of my eye. I can't hold it anymore. I face palmed myself and let it all out.

Unknowingly my hand reached my belly and I caressed it lightly.... This was the place which once carried a life... A small piece of me and HIM... The place which once carried my baby... The baby who was brutally murdered by the one whom I loved the most... And I couldn't save it.... I couldn't save my baby.... I tried... I tried.... But failed.... I failed as a mother....

*******************

Flashback

"Please.... Please don't do this.... Please.... I beg you....don't do this to me.... I will go away from here... I won't come in front of any of you..... Never.... I promise.... Please just let me go.... Please..." I pleaded to them sitting on my knees and folding my hands but they didn't gave any heed to my plead....

I am in a hospital.... Not because of my treatment or any health checkups.... I am here because my family got to know about me being pregnant.... And they dragged me here for an abortion...

"You have to do it.... You don't have any other options." The lady whom I once called my mother said in a strict tone with hatred in her eyes for me and for the angel inside my tummy.

"I have... I have other options... Please let me call HIM... I know.... I know HIM... He won't let this happen.... HE loves me.... And.... If HE... he didn't accept this child.... I can still manage...
I am a doctor.... I will just go away from here and will not come here.... Never... Please.... Let my baby live please...." I again pleaded but to my bad luck.... my eyesight became blurry it felt like someone injected something on my arm and in no time I lost my consciousness.

I don't know how many hour I was unconscious. When I woke I found myself in a room with plain walls and medical equipments surrounded me. I looked around the room it was a hospital room... All the memories from before came back to me... My hand reached my tummy and I gently caressed it I know it's late.... My baby has left me.... They killed it....

Flashback Ends

**********************

I still remember that horrible day which took everything away from me...... The person I loved betrayed me..... My family was the one who killed my own child for their own selfish reasons....... And after all this.... doing all those horrible things to me.... They are not even one percent effected.... They are living their life like before.... And here I am all alone.....

A knock on my cabins door took me out of my trance. I quickly wiped my tears and asked the person to come inside.

It was Dr. Kiya Mehra one my colleague and also my friend and flatmate.... Yes after that day I ran away from there leaving all of them behind.

"Hey... You look tired." She stated as she sat on the opposite chair.

"Yeah.... I just had finished a surgery." I replied with a small smile.

"Oh... Yeah. I heard about it... It was a very complicated one.... " She said with excitement.

" Yes.... It was but we somehow managed to save him.... Now he is out of danger but under observations.... Leave all this.... What are you doing here this early in the morning?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"I am early because I woke up early and didn't found you at home.... I tried calling you but your phone was switched off... So I called Shubhro. ( Dr. Shubhro Sen. He is a neurologist and mine and Kiya's friend.) Luckily he was here last night told me about the surgery... That's why I came here early to give you this tiffin which contains your favourite poha.( Poha is an Indian dish made with flattened rice veges and spices.) Made by me." She said and put the tiffin on the table.

I smiled at her and took the tiffin from the table. When I opened the lid of the tiffin a beautiful aroma of that dish hit my nostrils. I smiled at her seeing her concern towards me. I thanked her and just for her satisfaction I ate a little.

After some more minutes we both stood up and left my cabin and headed to our destinations.