Chapter 9

Dedicated to: EvelynJulian for adding my book to her reading list

***********

I stepped out of the limousine blinded almost immediately by bright flashing white lights.

Photographers...

I helped Athena her way out of the limo while she have this look on her face.

The look of pure and utter amazement. Like a kid tasting candy for the very first time.

I placed a hand on her tiny waist and flashed the crowd a smile.

"Athena" I nudged her.

She looked at me, clearly puzzled.

"Smile."

She let out a fake smile.

Once we got inside, I immediately went to my mum and dad.

"Mum, dad, this is my girlfriend, Athena Suvillan."

They looked at me then at her, probably calculating her.

"Oh! Hi sweetie" my mum said in a clear plastic, fake sugary voice.

"H-Hello Mrs. Blake."

Mum laughed a high-pitched fake laugh.

"Oh Honey!!! Haha call me Martha!!! So... Where did you study?" She turned serious in a blink of an eye. Figures.

"I studied and graduated at Harvard University ma'am with graduating awards."

"Really? Oh well, you are good for my son. I approve!!"

I almost rolled my eyes right then and there so i needed their approval? I jad to bite down my tongue to keep myself from retorting while my dad kept quiet.

"I'll have a talk with you young lady, later." he winked.

"Now Martha, shall we?" Dad asked taking that devil-who-call-herself-my-mother away.

As soon as they were gone, Athena looked at me.

"No offense to you Aiden but I absolutely dislike her."

I chuckled.

"Don't worry. I don't too."

She looked at me with wide eyes, clearly not expecting my answer.

And I was about to ask her if she wanted a champaign when I noticed that almost the whole male population at the Black and White Success Ball was starring at her like she was some sort of meat.

And without hesitation, I pulled her closer to me glaring at the males.

I took her to one of the tables and told her to sit

"Sit down Athena, I'll be getting you a glass of champaign. Is that alright with you?"

"Yes, of course."

And so I went.

When I reached the table, there were two ladies wearing slutty dresses who looked at me "seductively"

"Hey handsome!! Aiden right?"

I nodded my head and took a champaign faster.

"What do you say... We, dance?"

I rolled my eyes.

"There's no musi-"

And right as if on cue, and to make my life a lot harder, romantic music started.

"Excuse me ladies but I need to get back to my date and uh... Ask her to dance."

Then I left them jaws hanging open.

I smirk as I made my way back to the table where I left Athena.

And I immediately panicked when I didn't see her there.

I took one glance around the ballroom and did a double-take when I saw Athena dancing with another rival's son...

And Next thing I know, I heard a shattering sound.

And only did I notice that I had crushed the glass of champaign that was in my hand when I felt a cool liquid dripping.

Without hesitation, I went and made my way over my date and locked lips with her.

****************************************************************

"Whats a pretty no, gorgeous lovely lady doing here sitting in this poor chair?"

I turned my head to that unfamiliar voice to see a handsome guy.

"Nothing.."

"Well, then care to dance?"

"You don't even know me!! And I don't even know you!!"

"Well then, lets get to know each other, shall we?"

"Fair enough."

He took my hand as he led me in the dance floor.

"I am Zachary Williams.... You are?"

"Athena Suvillan."

He raised a brow.

"Aiden's date slash girlfriend?"

"Oh no.. We... We... Its complicated... But I wouldn't really call it dating."

"I see."

And just like that, we danced song after song and I found myself enjoying Zach's company.. He was a far better person than Aiden.

"So.... I have a very sharp mind"

"Well so do I"

"So.. We were meant to be?" He asked placing his face closer to mine.

"Not... Necessarily but that was a new pick-up line" I said twirling away from him. He laughed.

"Can I have your number?"

"Oh... I don't know.. That wouldn't be smart of me now will it?"

"Athena, look at me. You.can. Trust.me"

I looked at his eyes and I found myself believing every word he says.

"Fine. But I don't have my phone nor a paper or a pen with me..."

"Well, that's what sharp memories are for right?"

"You don't say..."

"Oh yes, lovely Athena, tell me your digits and they will be forever engraved on my mind"

I swear the charms of this boy...

" **-*********"

And then a shattering sound was heard in the ballroom and before I can see what happened, I see an angry Aiden walking towards me.

And before I can react, I felt soft lips against mine..

It was... A moment of Heaven and I could have devoured the moment when he broke it off and glared at Zach.

"May I cut in?"

And only when I saw a flash of hurt cross Zach's eyes did I know that I have done... No, Aiden has done something that may change our lives in more ways than we could ever imagine possible.

*********

Vote fan commenttttt

Edited