Chapter 26

Dedicated to: MahnoorShah9 for voting on my story

**********

Many people claimed that there's a God, a heaven, where all deserving people's soul will rest in peace.

But if there were really someone up there watching over us, why did He take Zach away?

Nobody as kind and caring as Zach deserves to leave this world early. It could have been that asshole jackass who died but no.. it had to be him.

People say things happen for a reason.

What was the reason of Zach's death?

He was always there when i needed him most. When me and Aiden had our fights, and it was too much for me, he would be the one to pick me up and tell me everything's gonna be okay.

But now that he's gone, I don't know what to do any longer.

Soft sobs racked my body as I recalled all our memories together.

He was supposed to be living right now.

Breathing and being happy.

It has been weeks since his death, and I didn't talk to a single soul since then except the attorny. I have mourned for weeks but I somehow can't move on with my life, knowing that every single fucking person whom I learn to love would always leave me shattered.

My mom

My dad

My sister

And now, Zach.

They were the reason I haven't given up on life. I realized.

I used to drink alcohol and cut myself after my family's death and Estelle was the one who brought me to theraphy, I've gotten better but then, now, all those scars, the painful memories I kept buried for so long for the sake of my future, their all opened up once again.

I just can't handle it and I would become insane.

I quickly went in the bathroom and got the razor.

I need to do this.

No backing out now.

The first cut was painful, but then as my tears fell, it felt better, the burning sensation on my wrist made me feel numb and I can almost forget the reason I was crying in the first place.

I was about to take another cut when someone barged in and cornered me to the wall.

My sobs stopped, neeting a pair of angry, blazing eyes of Aiden.

"What the Fuck do you think you're doing?" he growled.

I could feel myself sweat a little as his hot breath fanned my face.

"N-nothing."

He got angrier and pushed me harder to the wall.

"Don't you fucking lie to me. I saw what I saw. Why were you cutting?!"

Suddenly I felt pure fury. He had no right to me. He fucking cheated on me.

"And who the fuck are you to give two shits about me?!?! You're not my mom! Whoes dead! You're not my dad whoes dead! You're not zach!! You were never in control of me!! You have absolutely no right to care!!"

"Damm hell I do!!" He yelled.

I tried prying out of his arms but he was too strong.

"You lost that fucking right the moment you cheated and played with me and my fucking feeling!! you fucking lost all those rights the moment you fucking ruined me!!" I all but screamed to his face.

I saw a flash of guilt and hurt go through his eyes .

He hugged me.

"I'm so so so sorry, Athena, you know I didn't mean to. please just let me explain please."

I tried to fight back and get out of his arms but he wont let me go.

I just gave up and succumbed to his warm embrace and he just let me cry and pour out everything.

"Please, please please baby, let me explain please."

I nodded .

We sat in my bed.

"When I was a kid, I was always bullied, I was always the loser. and I hated it, I hated how vulnerable I was. but I couldn't do anything at all. So I made this rulebook, wherein I wrote all the rules I was planning to apply when I grow up to myself to make sure I don't cross over my kindness or whatnot and make people step all over me. The whole idea sounded stupid. But I went on with it anyways, I started with being an employee, got my boss' trust, and became his right hand. When he died, he gave me everything. The company used to be small. And I made it big. He was like a father, and when he died I almost broke, but I knew I had to stay strong for him. And then I met you, so fiesty, so small, so smart, sarcastic and every single man's ideal girl. But then the company was always ranked second, when I saw how great a difference you were making, I went to find ways to bring you to mine. It was cruel. But I was so desperate. And ever since, we were always top. Uncle would have been so proud. Then Zach's company started cutting close, I was so scared and since I saw he took interest in you, I could use you, so I went, courted you, he must have been broken. But then, at the same time, guilt kept eating me up, and I was feeling something really deep for you. And that wasn't supposed to be happening. I went to deal with it like I always do. Alcohol. And alcohol lead me to other girls and one thing lead to another. Then Zach brought up Peter, then you saw the rulebook. It was all bam. And, I'm so so sorry. I just.. I mever thought I would fall in love with anybody and-that was the ultimate rule in my book. A-and I was so scared. that rulebook probably dictated my life and I've always stuck to them but you, it just.. I can't seem to follow these rules when you came along."

I just stared at him with wide open- shocked eyes and my mouth agape.

"Please say something Athena, I know it hasn't been easy on you but I have'nt have it easy either. Zach.. Zach was my best friend. we were nerds and outcasts together.. until we parted ways and I guess, fame and popularity, money and greed separated us further."

"I-I don't know its just too much things to take in.."

He buried his head in my shoulder.

"God, I'm so sorry Athena please please please forgive me and take me back."

"I forgive you Aiden but I don't know if I could take you back.. after everything..." I whispered.

"I know.. I can wait.. I promise..."

I smiled at him in return.

Everything's fine between us.

Everything's fine

For now...

**************************************************************

hey guyss I'm sooo excited!! this is actually the Last chapter of the Billionaire's Rulebook!!!

Epilogue is left eeeeeeeee

then editing , Author's Note (which you hopefully wont ignore)

love you lots guys!!

Remember!!

vote, comment fan!!!

Edited.