Chapter 18

Guys I know this chapter is short but I'm in a hurry, I need to study and all those school projects pilling up..... but thank you!!

Dedicated to: avreladirapac for adding my book to her reading list

***************

I pushed my way to the very core of the crowd, searching frantically for Zach.

"Zach!" I screamed on top of my lungs as I witnessed him throw one bloody punched that knocked Aiden down unconscious.

He turned his head around, spotting me.

"Zach! Stop! Please! He's not worth it! Just please! Leave him!"

He walked towards me and dragged me away from the scene, to our room.

"What were you thinking!?!?! " I, all but screamed to him.

He hung his head down.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted him to pay for firing such a smart, talented girl like you." he said finally looking up and caressing my cheek.

My face started to heat up once again, suddenly aware of the close proximity.

Oh my gosh, he's going to kiss me!! What do I do?!?! Ugh, I am such a girl.

He was leaning closer, not once breaking eye contact, when a flash of hurt crossed his features, and just as fast as it all happened, he dropped his hand, and took a huge step back.

I coughed.

You know that awkward cough you do when something is going uneasy? Yeah that one.

"Umm.. So... I'll be-"

There was a knock .

Zach opened the door and I could see his back muscles stiff.

"What are you doing here?" He growled.

"Can I talk to Athena? Alone?"

Now this caught my interest. Who would be wanting to see me?

I peeked over and saw a bandaged Aiden.

"No." Zach grounded out.

"And who are you? To make decisions for her?"

I felt like the right time to interrupt.

"Its fine Zach, besides, i did Karate." I winked.

I guess that made him ease up a bit.

"Fine. But I will be outside, listening to every word you say. Got it?"

Aiden rolled his orbs.

"What would be the purpose of talking to her alone if you would be hearing every word I say?"

He has a point.

"Hey hey hey. Come on. He wont hurt me Zach, believe me."

He gave me a hesitant look, but obliged.

After he left, we waited for a couple of minutes then checked outside, when made sure he wasn't hiding or whatnot, we started to talk.

Well he started to talk.

"Look, Athena, I'm really sorry for firing you, I didn't and never will be meaning it. I was just really busy and had a terrible headache."

I crossed my arms.

"Okay? Apology accepted."

I knew what he was implying, I'm smart enough to know he wants me back but I wouldn't be giving in too easily. He needs to beg and know how it feels when the other has the upper hand.

He was lost for words.

"So what? Is that all you gotta say? Well, you could go now." I said going to open the door.

He grabbed my waist, picked me up and returned me to where I was previously standing.

"Please return to my company?"

I raised a brow.

"What good would I get from it?"

"Nothing. But Athena please, I'm begging you!"

Resist resist re- ugh. I need to stop being so kind.

"Fine. But blow this chance and your done for good."

"Yeeeeesss!!"
He screamed in joy.

I feel like regretting it already..

**************************************************************

Hey people of the wattpad universe!! Hahahaha

Here is chapter 18 as promised ;)

Vote, fan, comment, recommend! ^.^

Edited.