5.

Daniel's pov:

"Hey man, stop trying to show me up in front of my girlfriend" I snapped. "Oh come on karate kid. I don't even need to show you up, you're already a fool" he shot back at me. It was obvious in his tone that when he called me karate kid, he was using it to mock me. I stood up and walked up close to him, we were inches apart. "You're so lucky that Riley cares about you" I warned. All he did was simply laugh in my face which angered me.

"You want to fight me? Go ahead. But let me inform you I have graduated in karate, judo and taekwondo" he boasted. Then it was my turn to laugh. "I'm not scared of you, I'm the best karate kid you'll ever meet" I argued. He suddenly kicked me flat on my chest, knocking me back to the ground. "You wanna start? Let's go" I shouted as I scrambled back up to my feet. 

We got into our karate stances, I was sure I'd win but Joseph began performing advanced moves even I hadn't been taught, he kicked me about and sent me down to the ground. "Have you have had enough karate kid?" He sneered, his foot was pressed against my throat. I nodded my head and he let go, I gasped for air.

"You know, I really am surprised Riley would choose a guy like you. I mean, it's a real downgrade from me if I'm telling the truth" Joseph rubbed in. "What do you mean downgrade from you?" I glared. "Oh, didn't she tell you? That's a shame your own girlfriend is hiding secrets from you" he howled with laughter. "Tell me what?" I shouted, he was really testing my patience. 

"I'm Riley's first love, the only man she will ever need" he revealed with that cocky smirk. I felt like I had been hit with a train, Riley never told me she had dated before. "You're lying!" I yelled, I wanted to destroy him. "One day I'll have Riley crawling back to me, begging on her knees to take me back when she realizes just how pathetic you are" he insulted.

I stared at the ground angrily. I didn't know what to believe but what I did know is that he was after my girlfriend, no way would I ever let her go. "So that's how you want to play it? Game on."

"Let the fun begin."

Riley's pov:

"I don't think they're getting on well" I fretted over the phone to Marcia, we'd been talking for a good forty minutes. "I'm sure they just need to get to know each other, let them have time to bond" Marcia advised. "You're right, I'll call you again in a few days to check on you. I'm glad you and Freddy are okay" I replied. 

"Thank you! Me too. Okay love ya" she said. "Love ya too" I replied before the phone hung up. I sighed deeply and headed back into the studio. "What's going on?" I asked cautiously as I walked over to the bench, I changed out of my heels back into my trainers.

"Nothing, how about we go for a smoothie? I know your favourite is strawberry" Joseph said with a smile but he wasn't looking at me, his eyes were settled on Daniel. "I know that too! Riley, I need to talk to you now" Daniel stated. "Oh, this should be pleasant" Joseph commented. Daniel glared at him sharply and then at me before he stormed out of the room. 

"What happened?" I asked Joseph firmly. "I just told him about us" Joseph replied sweetly. "What! Why- ugh Joseph that wasn't your place!" I shouted. He came up close to me and hugged me. "I'm sorry, I thought he already knew. Please don't hate me" he pouted, his eyes went soft. "I don't hate you" I replied. He smiled at me, perking up a bit. "Excuse me for a moment," I said before I left the studio.

I found Daniel outside by the fountain, he was kicking at the ground with his feet. "Baby I'm-" I began. "Why didn't you tell me he's your ex! Why didn't you tell me anything about him!" He cut me off. I sat down on his lap as I ran my hands through his hair. "It's kinda complicated, I never told you because he's not exactly my ex, will you let me explain?" I said softly, showing him my calmness to the situation. He nodded, I could still see the rage in his eyes. 

"Joseph and I have always been friends, our parents are friends and neighbours so it made sense we'd be close. It was during the summer holidays just before I moved to Reseda. We did have a spark of chemistry so we went on a few dates and had a little summer romance but it wasn't a real relationship. We were never boyfriend and girlfriend, nor did we ever have sex or anything sexual. I wanted more, but Joseph wasn't looking for anything serious so we ended it and then I moved to California" I explained.

Daniel was starting to calm down, he studied my face. "So I'm your first boyfriend?" He asked with a small grin. "Yes, you're my first everything. I still care about Joseph but you're the only person I wanna be with. I'm sorry I didn't tell you" I answered. I looked down in shame, I didn't want him to be mad at me. 

He lifted my chin up with his finger and kissed me passionately. "I love you so much" he smiled. "I love you too," I smiled back. He then looked at me curiously. "Can we invite Joseph over for dinner?" He asked suddenly. Something didn't feel right but I agreed. What could go wrong, right?