What did I do? I got fucking kidnapped.

" Katherine, you have that look in your eye,"
Riley says, sternly. " promise me that you'll at least give them a chance. "

"fine, but I'm only doing it for my dad's sake."
I say, with a sigh .

The truth is, I really would like to reconnect with my mom, and sister. I just don't know if they'll feel the same.

" KATHERINE, IS THAT FUCKING YOU! ?"

I'm tackled out of nowhere by a giant of a men.
My wolf starts to get defensive until I see who it is.

"james, gett off of me, you oversized pup, " I say, laughing as he pins me to the ground.

" I just can't believe you're really here, " he says, actually looking a little Misty-eyed. " we all thought you were gone for good. "

The rest of my old squad comes running up, and they dogpile me as Riley steps out of the way.

I'm really feeling the love. I can't believe how much I missed all of these goons.

" the squad is reunited! " James yells, howling.
He helps me to my feet, and I suddenly realize that something is different.

Dwayne. . . . Adam. . . . Shane..

They all have mating marks.

" you're all mated? " I ask, in disbelief then I see James's mark.

" even you? "

" hey, I take offense to that tone, " he says, smirking. " I'm total mating material. "

I can't believe how many of my friends are mated now. My life may have put a hold for the past two years, but everyone else' kept going on without me.

" well, I'm still single as fuck, so don't feel too bad about it , " Riley says, exasperated.

" and on that note, I see that they're opening a new bottle of wine by the fire, so if you'll excuse me for a minute. "

James and I laugh as riley runs off toward the bonfire.

" she definitely hasn't changed. You can always count on that, " James says, shaking his head.

"thank the goddess for that, " I say in agreement.

Though my reunion with james and the others is happy one, I realize there's one member of our old squad that I still haven't seen.

" where's Xavier? " I ask, craning my neck to look around the party. Saying his name gives me butterflies for some reason.

" I'm sure he's around here somewhere. Probably with your sister, " James says.

" he may be the alpha now, but she's got him on short leash, " adds, placing his hands around his neck like a collar and pretending to choke himself.

My butterflies disappear in an instant. I almost forgot that Natalia is mated to Xavier. I might need to join the riley for that bottle of wine.

" I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see you though, "
James says.

" you were the only one who could ever keep up with him during training. I'm sure if you talk to him, he'd let you rejoin the squad and become a pack warrior. "

Become a pack warrior. . . .

For the first time since getting home, I'm actually thinking about what the future holds for me, and it's exciting.