Granger?

Draco was eating breakfast and thinking about the last month. After the first day, Granger and he fell into a routine. Get up, eat breakfast, work all morning, eat lunch in front of the tv and go back to "school". Then they would eat dinner in front of the tv and maybe invite a friend over. In the beginning, Granger was very opposed to having friends over, but since quarantine was lasting for so long she finally consented. It was now April 20.

Draco had slowly been realizing over that time that Granger and he were slowly trading fewer and fewer insults. He did the dishes and realized Granger hadn't come out yet which was very unlike her. He knocked on her bedroom door and when there was no response he opened the door. He saw her still sleeping in bed and went over to tap her on her shoulder to wake her up. She sat up quickly and looked around wildly. When she saw the clock she jumped off the bed and started rushing around. "Ahhhhh! I'm late!"

"Yeah, like five minutes late." Draco rolled his eyes. He couldn't help but notice she was only wearing a sports bra and a pair of shorts as she threw on a sweatshirt.

"Still late. Have you seen my essay that I was working on last night?" Granger asked in panic.

"Uhh no, but I really..." Draco stopped when Granger brushed by him and walked into the kitchen.

Draco rolled his eyes again and followed her. Granger grabbed a handful of cereal and tried to brush by him again but he moved in front of her. "Listen, can you move? I'm late for a Zoom."

"You can miss one Zoom. Why did you sleep in anyway?" Draco questioned.

"I didn't purposely sleep in. I stayed up late last night because I forgot there was an English essay due today," Granger said as though it were obvious, "Also, no, I can't miss a Zoom. I already promised myself I wouldn't miss any."

"That's stupid, Hermione," It took Draco a second to realize why Hermione was gaping at him but when he did he slapped a hand over his mouth in horror.

"Did you just call me...Hermione?" She whispered her name as if the house would explode if she said it any louder.

Draco searched his mind for an excuse; any excuse. His eyes fell on her sweatshirt which had a peace sign over her heart. "Umm, yes. I was thinking last night we should start calling each other by our first names and make peace. Of course," Draco said quickly, "we wouldn't be friends but we also wouldn't be enemies. What do you think?"

 What do you think?"

"I think...Sure. Why not?" Hermione held out her hand and Draco shook it. "Now if you'll excuse me I have a zoom to get to." Draco moved out of her way and she walked to her office. He started grinning like a fool until he realized he was grinning like a fool and promptly wiped the grin off. "Malfoy's don't grin; only smirk," Draco muttered, quoting his father. He mentally congratulated himself on the quick save and went off to his own Zoom.

The rest of the day was uneventful for Draco until dinner. Hermione and he were watching Tiger King when his phone rang. He excused himself and answered the phone once he was in his office. "Hello?"

"Draco? Oh, thank goodness! I have a major problem. Can I please come over to your apartment; this needs to be said in person."

Thanks for reading. Who do you think called?
Please vote and comment
Stay safe in quarantine
-Ms. Scarlet