Chapter 2

White Willow

White Willow

The bark can be used as a painkiller, and a fever-reducer. Works like asprin. Leaves can be made into a tea to help with insomnia. Root of the tree helps with Leukemia by restoring bone marrow. 

...

Vitaly

Darkness engulfs me, my hands are sore from being bound to the post with the rest of the slaves. Shouting can be heard in the distance, but I keep my mind clear and try to focus on something else. My master sold me and now I am to be auctioned again. I am just praying that my new master shows me a morsel of kindness.

From exhaustion, my body goes in and out of consciousness. Haunting my dreams with my harsh past. Making my fear unbearable.

I was holding onto my mother, or the woman I think was my mother as a man grabbed my writs and began to pull me away from her. My screams were pointless because the man kept smacking me to go silent. I bit his arm and heard him shout out in pain.

He let go of me and I ran back to the woman holding her. She showed no emotion and did not embrace me. I looked into her eyes and saw absolutely nothing. And then something hit me on the head and I lost consciousness. I woke up in a small room with other boys my age. We were all bound together and shaking.

The stone floors were cold and I hugged my knees to my chest trying to keep as much heat in as possible. The boy's names were being called one by one and being lead out to a noisy crowd.

My name was then called and I was unbound. The man leading me to the stage kept pushing me. I was so weak that I could barely stand and I fell over. He grabbed my hair and lifted me back up. I walked a little further until we reached the stage.

There was a large crowd, but I couldn't bring myself to look at them. I was shaking with fear as another man was speaking to the crowd telling them about me. My age, weight, height, and more. Then the bidding began. I was young so I did not understand what they were doing then but after a few men showed a few things the man on the stage yelled out sold and I was lead off the stage.

The man who bought me was tall and had broad shoulders. His wicked smile pulsed fear throughout my small body. I later learned that he purchased me for his son, and at first, I was excited to meet another boy my age until I learned about his son's arrogance and sick pleasures.

I woke out of my dream shaking. I won't have to see my young master ever again. He can't hurt me anymore. I remember those twelve years I spent with him. How he laughed at my pain and used me like a doll in his sick games.

A man entered the darkroom bringing with him a sharp eye-piercing light and he pulled out his paper and read the name "Stephanavich". I sighed a relief and let my head sink back. I heard Stephanavich start rebelling against the man who just called out his name, and then I heard men come in and beat him until Stephanavich cooperated. I closed my eyes and was lost back in my dreams.