Part 11: The Favor

Matt had been giving you rides home from school everyday. But even after seeing him so often, you barely knew him. His favorite topic of conversation was Johnny and how he was sure he'd be able to take him in a fight. You though otherwise, but kept your mouth shut.

"So what're you doing tomorrow?" He asked as he pulled up to your apartment.

Tomorrow was Saturday and you couldn't think of anything. "Nothing much, why?"

"Do you wanna go to golf-n-stuff with me?" He said with that famous smile of his.

You could feel your face getting hotter as you smiled back at him. "I'd love to."

"Great. I'll pick you up at 8. It's a date."

You nodded as you exited the car. Your smile stayed on your face as you walked through your apartment complex and into room 20.

"What're you so happy about?" Your mom asked as she saw the look on your face.

"I have a date tomorrow." You said, still smiling.

"That's great! Now tell me all about him." She said with an equally large smile.

You felt your face get red again. "Ma..."

She seemed to get the picture as she waved her hand at you. "Fine. But you better tell me all about it tomorrow."

"Okay." You smiled as you walked to your room.

The rest of the night involved you sifting through your closest trying to find something cute to wear. It took you a while but you were satisfied when you picked a pair of light jeans with a black shirt.

You ate your dinner quickly and headed off to bed where you tossed and turned, nervous for the next day.

*** *** ***
Saturday rolled around and you spent the day waiting for 8:00 to come. Your mother had told you that she wouldn't be home when you left because she had to take Daniel to pick up Ali.

At 8:09 you heard a knock on the door. You quickly jumped up from your spot on the couch and ran to the door. Before opening it, you took a deep breath, calming your nerves.

You opened the door to see Matthew dressed in a patterned button up. He somehow managed to look even more attractive than usual. Your face got red as he looked you up and down.

"You look great." He said with a grin.

"Thanks, you too." You said as you began to lock the door before shutting it.

"Are you home alone?" He asked, shooting his arm out to keep the door from shutting behind you.

"Yeah, my brothers on a date and my ma took em."

Next thing you knew his hand was on your waist, firmly holding you. "Why don't we just stay here then?" He asked in a hushed tone.

You froze, unsure how to tell him no. "Oh. Uhmm. I don't think that's a good idea. She's gonna be back soon. So uh maybe next time."

He let out a huff and looked away, rolling his eyes. You were taken a back and just stood there until he finally looked back at you and gave a reassuring smile. "Yeah that's fine. Let's go."

He put his hand on your lower back as he walked you to his car. He opened the door for you before getting in on his side. The drive was quiet, but not unbearable.

Matt took the lead as he payed for your admission. You thanked him as he got you a putter. You had played a few times before back in Jersey, but it was clear he was a lot better.

As you struggled, he came up behind you, placing his hands on yours to guide the club to the ball. Making sure to rub against you as he held you steady. Your face got red as he kept his hold on you even after the ball made its way into the hole.