Part 17: Birthday

Bruh I started writing this and forgot it's your birthday too so I had to start over LMAO. I hate myself.

You woke up to the smell of bacon. Walking into the kitchen, you saw your mom cooking up a large batch as well as pancakes. You wondered what the special occasion was. You rubbed the sleep from your eyes as you thought about what it could be.

"Good morning, ma." You said to get her attention.

She smiled at you. "Good morning sweetheart. Happy birthday!"

Your eyes widened as you completely forgot. You were happy, but still surprised. "Thanks Ma."

"Could you go wake up Daniel, you gotta leave for school soon."

You nodded and did what she asked. "Good morning birthday boy." You said as you hit him with one of his pillows.

"You too." He groaned as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

You walked out into the kitchen again, listening to your mom wish him a happy birthday and him gush over all the food she cooked.

While they were talking, you ate your food and waited for the time Johnny would come by to pick you up.

As you ate, you noticed a piece of paper sticking out from under a cooking book and picked it up. After reading it you quickly put it back where you found it.

Your mom had put a reminder to get eggs for the cake she would be making for you and Daniel. You had the sinking feeling you weren't supposed to see that. You decided not to say anything about it so you wouldn't ruin her surprise anymore than you already did.

You left before Daniel, hopping onto the back of Johnny's motorcycle. You liked his car better, not liking being so out in the open on the bike. The ride to school was quiet, as you couldn't really talk over the loud machine.

Once you got to school, Johnny placed his arm over your shoulders as he walked you to your locker.

He leaned against the one next to yours as you got your books out. "I won't need a ride home today." You informed him.

"Why?" He asked.

"It's my birthday so I gotta go home with Daniel." You said.

"It's your birthday?" He asked, perking up a bit. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Not gonna lie, I forgot." You laughed.

He smiled and shook his head. "If I would've known we could've done something to celebrate."

"Let's say yesterday was the celebration." You said, thinking back to your night under the stars.

"I was thinking something a little different." He said, trailing his hand down your side until it stopped on your ass.

You quickly slapped his hand away. "Johnny!"

He laughed, enjoying how flustered you were.

"It's actually good you don't need a ride. Sensei is making us all go in early for practice since the tournament is tomorrow."

"Looks like it works out then." You trailed off as your attention was drawn to the Cobra Kai's trying to get Johnny's attention from behind him.

You pointed, showing Johnny his waiting friends. He turned back to you, pulling you in for a quick kiss. "I'll see you later. You'll be cheering me on tomorrow right?"