Part 3: The First Day of School

The next morning, you quickly left the house, not wanting to be there when your mom saw Daniel's eye.

As you walked to school, you heard Daniel's voice behind you. "Wanna ride?"

"Thanks." You said as you hopped on the pegs of his bike.

"So how'd mom take it?" You asked referring to his black eye.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Not too bad. She bought that it was from my bike."

You let out a sigh of relief as you made it to the school. Only to suck it back in as you saw Johnny with his usual gang.

You and Daniel stopped to look at him. The closer you looked, the more you noticed his attractive features. From his smile to his well built figure. "He's kinda cute." You said nudging Daniel.

He looked at you in disbelief before turning and walking away. Leaving you to laugh to yourself. As you took one last look at Johnny, you saw him staring at you.

Your cheeks instantly turned red and you hurriedly ran to catch up with Daniel.

*** *** ***
The rest of the school day went by without incident. Both you and Daniel were staying after school for tryouts. You volleyball and him soccer.

You were doing well until you heard a commotion on the soccer field. You looked over to see Daniel getting kicked off the field. As he stormed away you stopped him.

"What happened?" You asked, genuinely concerned.

"Nothing. I'm going home."

Knowing there was nothing you could do, you stood to the side and let him pass. But still curious, you looked out at the field to see a shirtless Johnny smiling right at you.

You hated the way your stomach did a flip when you saw him like that. So you quickly turned around and jogged back to the volleyball court.

At the end of tryouts, you were given a spot on the varsity team.

With a smile, you walked towards the bike rack. When you saw it empty, your smile disappeared as you remembered Daniel left early.

You let out a sigh and placed your hand on your head. Not wanting to walk home after such a long day.

As you started to walk, you heard a familiar voice yell your name from behind you. You turned to see Johnny on his motorcycle riding towards you.

"How do you know my name?" You asked once he was right next to you.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I asked around. But I gotta say, I like princess better." He said with a smile.

You rolled your eyes. "Don't call me that. And what do you want?"

"To give you a ride home." He said while slowly riding his bike to keep the same speed as you.

You couldn't help but laugh. "Plan on getting me a new radio on the way?"

Once again, he shrugged his shoulders and gave you a smirk. "Maybe."

It was good enough for you. Walking home was the last thing you wanted to do, and if you could use him for a ride, you would. You hopped onto the back of his bike and he gave you his extra helmet. "Thanks." You said as you put it on.

"Hold on tight." He said as he started to rev up the engine.

Your heart started to beat a little faster as you put your arms around his firm stomach. You were even more thankful for the helmet as you felt your face getting red.